Regal credit consultants

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone dealt with this DCA before?

I have had a reply for their CCA which was fine. i have sent in 2 full and final letters of which they have not replied.

They called me today and asked for full payment. of a debt of £200 i had put in writing a full and final offer of £50. The guy on the phone was rude and advised £150 was as low as he would go and they would not be replying to my letter.

i advised i will pay nothing until my letter is answered and hung up. do i wait for a reply or what shall my next move be?

Send it again by signed for post. Then go on-line to see when they received it.

Then make a complaint to them. I wouldn't do anything further until they write to you declining the offer.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

I have had a reply for their CCA which was fine. i have sent in 2 full and final letters of which they have not replied.

Did you have the CCA's checked on here?

They called me today and asked for full payment. of a debt of £200 i had put in writing a full and final offer of £50. The guy on the phone was rude and advised £150 was as low as he would go and they would not be replying to my letter.

As you have found out to your cost, they only employ spotty ex burger flippers who read off a script so if they ring again just laugh at them down the phone then hang up. you MUST keep everything in writing, if they have chosen to ignore your correspondence then thats their lookout, I still fail to see why litigants should be forced to send letters by recorded mail, when these fools simply send everything 2nd class or walksort, less for CCA requests and SAR's as long as you get proof of postagethen that will be good enough if it ever found it's way to a court, which in this instance and for the pitiful amount they are chasing you for, won't happen, ever, it will cost them double that amount to get it in front of a Judge.

They have received your letters and are choosing to ignore them, so simply do the same.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Further to our recent aborted telephone conversation, I write to confirm that my full and final offer in the amount of £40 will remain open until (put 7 days from when you expect them to receive your letter).

To confirm receipt of my letter it is being send by Recorded Delivery and I will retain proof of delivery.

Should this not be acceptable, then I will consider the matter closed.

Make sure you put your requirements for a F & F like not selling on and confirming in writing that the whole account will be closed upon receipt of your payment.

As much as they like to posture and threaten they would look fairly stupid in front of a judge if you have offered a payment and they refused, so unless you actually get Court papers, just ignore them. They will soon pass it on to some other lowlife further down the chain.

I made a without prejudice offer to one of my DCAs and they refused it ("not a large enough amount"). Was like 50% of the debt.

But as its without prejuduce presumably I can't use it in court? any tips? should I re-send it without the WP header?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Yes it isn't recommended to put without predjudice on letters to them, doesn't necessarily mean it can't be shown in court, you just need to gain their permission.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!