Faifax Solicitors

danjo69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

well here goes, im in a right muddle with fairfax solicitors, i received a letter this year about a £1032 overpayment from DWP and they are collecting on behalf, after ignoring all letters and phone calls (lol) i actually spoke to someone who was very rude and really didnt want to listen, he just wanted money!!!!! at the moment im receiving 3 to 4 phone calls a day, even after i wrote to them basically asking them not to phone only to get in touch by letter, also asking them to send documents of when this came about and the letter has been recieved but they still are constantly sending letters and phoning, my partner spoke to them today and he told them im waiting for the documents i asked for and they was rude with him too and totally ignored what he was saying, they told him they need to speak to me about this money owed!!! also the guy said they cant discuss the account with him but my partner cleverly said well ya want all my bank statements and wage slips i think i have a right to talk to u about it!!!!!!!!!! he also told my partner they would carry on phoning until the debt is settled so my partner told them if they do i will get them done for harrasment........................the prob i have now is where do i go with this???? they have ignored the letter which they admitted they recieved!!!!!! we never sent any details they wanted, the over payment is around 7 to 10 yrs ago, dont remember exactly............and im not sure if i have paid anything off it in the last 7 yrs!!!!!!!!!

at the moment im really stressed out about it and feel at a loss cos i dunno wat to do now????? they are currently ringing at 7am and latest at 9pm, please someone HELP!!!!

rachel

the over payment is around 7 to 10 yrs ago,
Tell them to go forth. It's Statute Barred although the DWP are allowed to deduct the monies from future benefits they cannot take legal action. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct Consumer Direct - Contact us Fairfax are in breach of OFT guidelines see page 9 http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, or if they do manage to get through just tell them you will only communicate in writing & refuse to go through their stupid security questions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having exactly the same issue with Eversheds/ Fairfax, relating to an overpayment over 10 years ago. I've already told them verbally that the debt is effectively statute barred - this stopped the phone calls and the letters for a few months but they started again last month.

They have tried to contact me numerous times by phone - how sad that my answering machine doesn't work and I've been at work every time they've called - fortunately I'm off for a few weeks so I might have the pleasure of talking to them.

When they do manage to get hold of me I won't be answering any of their security questions - after all, in these days of identity theft it would be foolish for me to give personnal information to an unsolicited caller, wouldn't it? And if they tell me that acutally I made a payment to them in 2005 of £1, so the debt isn't barred, I'll tell them exactly what I told their muppet in October - please take me to court. I'm sure the judge will be very interested to found out how I paid them when they had nothing to do with the debt until last year - as I pointed out, the courts take fraud very seriously.

You are in the same position as I am - the deadline has passed for them to take us to court BUT the DWP will get their money, even if they have to take it out of our state pensions. I intend to repay the money next year, when my DMP comes to an end and I have a bit of spare cash. One thing for sure is that there is no way I'll be paying any money to a DCA - I'll be paying the DWP direct.

In the meantime Eversheds/ Fairfax - feel free to spend your time and money on writing and calling me 'cos you won't be getting any commission on my 'debt'.

Personally I would exhaust their own complaints procedure, then when you've done so, or even whilst doing so, complain to the relevant MP in charge of the DWP.

How to complain - DWP

Ministers - DWP

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!