defaulted car loan with The Funding Corps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are. http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit of an update...

Received a nice letter from TFC today stating they received my SAR last week!! (Interesting as i sent it via recorded delivery around the 7th June!)

They are still stalling with the request, asking for identity and stating that...

"We have received unsigned letters so we are unable to attempt to identify you by checking your signature, we need drving licence (For name purposes) and or Utility, bank statement showing my name and address"

The letter also states that the information (SAR) will be sent within 40 days from receipt of the information they have requested. (Name and signature).

So i do believe that the 40 days are now up and using this as a stalling tactic, for reasons not known to me.

I have sent them a letter last week stating that they are in no doubt as to who i am considering the letters i have been receiving from them.

Are they "allowed" to stall even more considering the P/O was cashed and now that the 40 days are up...?

I raised the question of the signature on this thread regarding HSBC:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/268216-data-controller-hsbc.html

Here is a quote form someone:

I complained to the ICO, then got the info (a big box full of about 20,000 bits of toilet roll) within 5 days even though they never had my signature> The ICO upheld my complaint as well.

He made a complaint to the ICO about HSBC requesting additional information and a signature, which he didn't send and the ICO upheld his complaint.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

• 2 weeks later...

And the latest in the saga is...

The Data Controller has refused to send out all the information i requested back in June and has stated in a recent letter...

We have received your £10 and the information will be sent to the address we have on file. We will not enter further correspondence relating to this matter unless we receive the information we have requested.

(This being a signature to make my identity known and driving licence, passport or utility bill)

I sent them a letter with dates of all the letters they have sent me recently, e.g. Final Notice letter, Default £30 letter and one from their collections squad amongst many others, stating that they know full well who i am as they should not be sending out letters like this to an "unknown" address or client.

I know it is being a little stubborn, but they know who i am but seem to be not forthcoming in my request which has gone over the 40 day mark :(

I raised the question of the signature on this thread regarding HSBC:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/268216-data-controller-hsbc.html

Here is a quote form someone:

He made a complaint to the ICO about HSBC requesting additional information and a signature, which he didn't send and the ICO upheld his complaint.

i can only say contact the ICO you can phone them direct also the cag have a protected signature at the side of the thread look at that and send a protected signature that will stump hsbs

patrickq1

Make a complaint

To complain about a possible breach of the legislation we regulate, or to complain about us, please visit the Complaints section.

Enquire or tell us something

Enquire about notification

If you would like to ask about the obligation to notify under the Data Protection Act please email our Notification Team at [email protected]

Advice about the law

If you would like to ask us about the legislation covered by the ICO, or to report a breach of security in your organisation, please contact our Customer Service Team at [email protected]

Request for information

If you would like to request information held by the ICO in our capacity as a public authority, or request information about you that is held by the ICO, please contact our Internal Compliance Team at [email protected]

Got an ongoing case?

If you have an ongoing case with the ICO and would like to send us further information please send an email to [email protected].

Please note: In the subject field of your email please include the following text (including the square brackets) [Ref. XXXXXXXXXX], replacing the ‘X’ characters with your case reference number, including its three character prefix. This will add your email to the other information you have already sent to us about your case.

Give feedback about our website

Please use our Website Feedback Form below.

Address (head office)

Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire SK9 5AF

• dx100uk changed the title to defaulted car loan with The Funding Corps