FAO:- Nottslad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Do you have any connections that can gove you a breakdown on how thew Ombudsman works now. Like you I have lost touch of how it works and whether it is more efficient than the last one. I will try my connections to see if I can come up with something. Together we may be able to do a sticky for the benefit of other caggers.

I know that the new lot moved the goal posts for complaints in that you had to have a deadlock letter before they woudl take any action. Problem is that the supplier keeps stalling and nodeadlock letter apepars so custoerm loses out. IMHO they have now made it difficult to escalte a complaint. Only plus side is that I think it now it costs the supplier £500 per investigation.

There are instances on CAG where the Ombudsman has refused to act because the initial cause for complaint (not deadlock) is more than 9 months ago. So any complaint to the Ombudsman must be made before nine months even if there is no deadlock letter.

The complaint could be in the first instance that no deadlock letter is forthcoming.