Sportsdirect.com!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Was just after some opinions on my situation with the online company sportsdirect.com.

If you google for reviews you will see I am not the only person with a complaint about this Company, they seem to be known for being 'cowboys', shame I didn't forsee this before I visited their website and bought goods!

On 12th June I ordered from their website 2 mugs and 2 t shirts as gifts for 2 people.

The items arrived in good time however the courier remarked that he could hear broken pottery in the package.

I signed for the goods but wrote 'damaged' on DHL's screen.

On opening the parcel it transpired that BOTH mugs were smashed to pieces. The T shirts (which were white) had black smears down the front.

Obviously having paid money I was not happy at being in the posession of 2 useless smashed mugs and two stained t shirts!

How can you pass these off as gifts? I certainly wasn't prepared to start scrubbing the t shirts!

I contacted Sports Direct and it turned out they expected ME to bear the costs of returning the items by recorded delivery.

It was quite a large parcel and I estimate it would have cost around a fiver- a cost I could not later recoup as they claim the customer is responsible for returns charges.

Why should I foot the bill for this having been delivered smashed faulty goods? Aren't I already out of pocket and inconvenienced enough?

I know many Companies will foot the bill for returns when items are faulty- why should sports direct be exempt?

I told them I refused to pay the postage and they offered me a freepost address as an alternative- however it says on their website t&c's sending the items back are entirely at the sender's risk.

I sent the items back on weds 16th June and got a certificate of postage as proof of my sending the items- however as it was freepost and not recorded there is no tracking number- just a stamp, date, cashier's signature and recipient company name/address.

Still proof enough of postage!

I emailed advising them the items had been sent back and they sent 2 emails in response basically asking to see proof and advising me they hadn't recieved the items back.

I scanned and sent the picture of the certificate of postage and in response I have recieved an email back saying it may take up to 28 days for the item to arrive as it was freepost!

Hmmmm why ask to see proof knowing it may take 28 days then?

According to the website t&c's they have quoted 30 days as a general timescale for refunds to be made ONCE they have advised eligibility for the refund.

So effectively I could be waiting 30 further days once they recieve the goods back (which itself may take up to 28 days) for my refund! Possibly up to 58 days in total then?

I find this disgusting! An item could arrive quicker from the other side of the world- just because it's freepost, why should that equal such a long period of waiting?

Or is this timescale for them to retrieve the item from their po box?

Any reponses to my emails have always been one or 2 lines long with no explanations, no acknowledgement of my comments and concerns- it would appear that if they have their way I could have to wait much much longer to get my money back.

I intend to go back to the post office to see if they can locate the item.

I believe it is already sat waiting in their po box and that they just haven't collected it- obviously cannot be bothered as the goods are damaged and worthless to them.

I have advised I will be reporting them to trading standards as even without the unfair waiting time, I don't beleive their returns policy is fair.

It would also appear they are known for their shoddy service- I am surprised they've not appeared on watchdog!

Can anyone advise of their opinion on this? What are your thoughts?

Many Thanks