Osborne considering freeze on benefits to save £4.4bn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THERE TAKING THE P**S

Welfare payments such as child benefits, disability benefits, housing benefit and unemployment benefit would not increase for at least a year under the Chancellor’s plans.

Full Story

George Osborne considering freeze on benefits to save £4.4bn - Telegraph

Were getting it from all angles.

This attack on the long term and disabled is really p£$%ing me off now as the days pass.

We really need to up our campaigns and if the need be take it straight to the door of no 10.

This slander of the vulnerable cannot go on in a civilised 21st century Great Britain.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

well to make peaceful demo work its going to need the word spread to the a lot of people and we need the right people on our side so we need to contact the many disability charities out there as many as possible

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

send a good hard hitting letter to them all composed with the right words

Lets see who is on our side

well to make peaceful demo work its going to need the word spread to the a lot of people and we need the right people on our side so we need to contact the many disability charities out there as many as possible

Why didn't anyone consider some form of campaign at the government that caused this. There were thousands of calls over petrol etc but no one done anything.

Now it's too late and as has been said, we are all in this together, thanks to those that voted for Labour.

conniff with due respect because you do give great help in motoring but what has this to do with labour the fact remains what ever government gets in they will mess up the conservatives included i have no doubts cuts need to be made but for heavens sake does he need to brand the long term ill and disabled scrougers to do it

Why didn't anyone consider some form of campaign at the government that caused this. There were thousands of calls over petrol etc but no one done anything.

Now it's too late and as has been said, we are all in this together, thanks to those that voted for Labour.

EErr..Didn't the Tories win the election ?

EErr..Didn't the Tories win the election ?

That's not what it says:

Have another read.

no they did not they needed the help of the lib dems plenty of confidence there then

Because a lot of people admitted on the news that they never looked at policy in any way, just voted how their parents/grandparents had voted before them "I voted for Labour because that's what we have always done"

I wonder what this means in terms of housing benefit freeze??

The landlords would not freeze the yearly increase of the rents, would they?

So, that means when the landlords increase the rents you will have to find this "extra" elsewhere?

And what about Local Housing Allowance? Why this would not be scrapped completely?

How many billions that would save ????????????

IMO the negative stories about people on benefits we read in papers are 90% due to this stupid Local Housing Allowance.

And who is it made for? For rich landlords who would otherwise have difficulties letting out the huge properties and have found a nice way of the state financing it !!!

So, it is not the benefit users who profit from this, it is the rich landlords who have connections with the law makers !

If the LHA is scrapped then it would force the families on housing benefits to look for cheaper properties out of the rich areas. And why shouldn't they as the same thing is done by people looking for the affordable homes when they want to buy?

But scrapping the LHA would affect the housing market and rich property owners. And why not ?

IMO, if LHA is completely scrapped there would be no need for cutting benefits.

I wonder why no one is writing an article on this matter? And explaining readers why the housing benefits handouts are so huge for some?

Instead of freezing/cutting housing benefits for all, wouldn't be easier to cut LHA and invest this money into building affordable homes?

...Now it's too late ...

On the contrary, it is by no means too late. The current Government appear to be set on the path started by Labour. If they do - as presumed - renege on their promise to help the vulnerable then that is when the fight hots up...

Best wishes

Rae

The current Government appear to be set on the path started by Labour

So borrowing money and spending what they haven't got. How can you say this, they haven't even passed the 'emergency' budget yet.

I'm sorry, but borrowing without a care and spending other peoples money is purely a Labour party trick.

What is there to show they are going down the same track??

Sorry Conniff, but your hatred of Labour is blinding you. Tax Credits and minimum wages are the 2 biggest changes introduced by Labour which helped lifting thousands of families out of poverty.

If those benefits get frozen/cut, it will be the singlest most effective way to plunge these same families back below the breadline. :-(

Yes - but they did it with money they didn't have, there are enough threads on cag that shows you can't survive that way.

The word is 'if' which is why I say lets give them a chance and see what they come up with before condemning them.

Ok, I'll give you my insight, and we can go back to this after the budget how close I was. :razz:

There is a carefully orchestrated media campaign which is telling us that:

a - Things inherited from Labour are far, far worse than they expected.

b - As a result, cuts are going to be much, much more savage than expected, but hey, not our fault guv, blame the previous guys.

c - At the budget, the cuts declared are going to be slightly less savage than trumpeted now, so that us plebs will be so relieved that we won't question how bad they really are, and how necessary they actually are where they're being made.

d - The right-wing media will run away with it, claiming the new chancellor as necessarily harsh but fair and prudent.

The banks will get away with not being made to repay a penny, their bonuses will not get curbed, a lot of the burden will be shifted to the local authorities expecting them to be more self-sufficient (by which read higher council tax bills next yr with massive reduction in services) under guise of "less interference" by the govt.

That's my prediction. ;-)

Sorry Kelcou - I'm not as grumpy as I sound. Just the one man really gets my goat and that is Brown. All the problems we have now stem from him, not Darling, Brown. The man is such a pathological liar and so incapable of answering a question, that he would have lied about his name if it was asked as a straight question.

More than 100 new taxes, most of them by stealth, and not aimed at the higher paid either.

I so despise the man that I would have been prepared to have voted BNP or even the North Korean president as our prime minister if that was the only way to get him out.

I said in the other thread Bookie that I am by your side on this, so lets hope a great deal of thought has gone into this budget and your predictions are wrong.