style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That I have already done but I still need to keep my main account as that is my main bill paying acct ie mortgage etc and to close that down will create a load of problems all my main dd's contacting 10 or 11 people with change of details is not possible at the moment but I am cancelling my card and asking for a new one OH update I had a reply from Wonga as I E mailed The errol guy they are now looking into my complaint but only aferr I e mailed him back without any response from him at first (told him was I being ignored for causing trouble (funny how I got a response in 2 minutes) and pointing out that they tried to take another £5 this morning I totally appreciate the advise you have given me about a payment plan but after the way I have been treated and "criminalised" by them I think I deserve to fight this all the way and stop other people being defrauded by these "legalised" loan sharks.

well good luck to them as funds for essentials are in another account now and only filtered in when need be so they can try at present now my main account is standing at 0 have already done this and paid my mobile bill I just put enough in for that bill on that date and paid immedi\atly online so soon as in its out.

dont worry, you've changed your card details which means that they cannot debit any funds from your old card - dont give them your new card details. Moving forward - start by offering a fair repayment structure - not a structure where you'll die before you finish paying it !(i.e. £1.00 per month)

Once agreed and if its fair they'll agree it and freeze interest and possibly waive charges - pay them directly and take it as an expensive lesson. You'll feel really great once its over - so try not to get your back up and concentrate on sorting it out - not bitching over the past coz from my personal experience it aint going to help.

For now enjoy the weekend mate - lets hope it's a scorcher!

I actually contacted my local papers on this and they are very interested. I am going to offer a repayment plan (as now I am unmeployed (1.00 per month is all they will be getting) to them but on my terms not thiers. He mailed me back and actually said arrangement on thier terms but still refusing to stop interest on whats left. The last E mail from them only offered a very flippant pout and sorry which I refuse to accept about the vile and nasty fraud and jail threat and that will go further and they know it. YEs I am a very stubborn bull headed girly BY poor long suffering partner says when I dig my heels in even a heavy duty crane can't shift me LOL (poor devil loves him really) Will let everyone know what becomes of the outcome of the complaint about the OFT breakages.

Toofie

A £1 pm payment is reasonable If it is all you can afford. If it takes you years to pay so what. Despite what wonga might say this is not a priority debt.

Stand your ground. Personally I wouldn't even let them have the quid without reaching agreement with them first and have it in writing.

Toofie

A £1 pm payment is reasonable If it is all you can afford. If it takes you years to pay so what. Despite what wonga might say this is not a priority debt.

Stand your ground. Personally I wouldn't even let them have the quid without reaching agreement with them first and have it in writing.

Robjam, i cannot believe anyone, even unemployed can only afford £1 per month - i'm sorry, but this isnt dealing with the situation, its only making it worse. it's a joke.

£1.00 is very resonable and (no offence) I can't really afford now to even pay that as I have more important things to pay i.e missed mortage paYMENTS to keep a non priority debt is not as important as a roof over my head or try and sort council tax out utilities they will be lucky to even get that when I can

Robjam, i cannot believe anyone, even unemployed can only afford £1 per month - i'm sorry, but this isnt dealing with the situation, its only making it worse. it's a joke.

I think we can agree to disagree jamie. If you read the debt forums you will see that many folk can only afford to make token payments. I have never been unemployed but I can't imagine getting by on what they get.

Finally if toothie says that's all they can afford then I for one can't possibly disagree.

I agree sometimes even £1 is more than be afforded in there are multiple debts. Also WOnga is not a priority debt. All public advice bodies will confirm this. Thirdly getting an agreement on mutual terms is easier said than done with Wonga.

FInally, Wonga preach constantly about their Ethics. I feel it is not only my duty but the duty of everyone including the FLA, FSA and the FOS to hold them to account when they breached not only their own self proclaimed code but also thje code of conduct of their governing body

I have taken it to the FOS and have highlighted their breaches and forwarded the evidence. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Wonga upset the wrong person when they annoyed me.

Also made another complaint to ASA about them.