• Tweets

• Not really. His claim will succeed simply because its a simple matter of a lost parcel and no insurance. Its not a complex case so I think he’ll be fine, especially as it is P2G who arent very good at defending claims but I ageee its not been handled at all well.   My only concern with withdrawing is that he loses £35 in the case of £240 but thats a matter for him   I dont think it has a reduced chance of success if OP actually replies and actions things but if not then ofcourse it will struggle.   My concern is if he starts again it’ll be just as sporadic.   Maybe close thread and let him make a new one if hes ready to engage?
    • Please will you start reading up on the stories on the some form especially the pinned post. I have to say that I'm concerned that you feel that a warning from P2G is going to affect your rights and is going to subvert statutory law. I think you've been here for a few months and I would have hoped that by now you would understand that terms and conditions must always be interpreted in the light of overriding statute. Also I suggested that once you have done the reading on the sub- forum then you would understand the information that we would need in order to give you the best help. The fact that you haven't told us what the item was suggested also that you haven't done the reading. Please give us full details including identity of the item, value, where these properly declared? Dates – blah blah blah. Not paying attention to P2G. Pay attention to us
    • P2G can make clear whatever they want frankly, the judge isnt going to sit there and go “they told you to buy their insurance and you didn’t” and then dismiss your claim.  I would say you should send a formal complaint then after 7 days sent a LOC. Day 21 from now submit your claim on OCMC.    
    • I thought i could just use ( copy and paste)  the terminology from my other post earlier in the year when i previously claimed against P2g .   The parcel hasnt been 'officially ' lost yet i have another 13 days before their 'investigation' ends and then theyll probably offer the postage back as i didnt take the 'insurance'   But to recap ,  The parcel was booked through P2g and sent with Evri. No Protective Insurance was taken out. The parcels value is only £48 plus postage of £3 and the value of the parcel was declared The parcels tracking says while it was in Evri's system it was sent to an 'incorrect' depot and tracking would be updated in 24 hrs which it didnt and the delivery date passed, i then had a live chat with P2g who opened an investigation and im waiting to hear what's happened. My only concern is,  last time i claimed P2g made it clear that in future i must take out their protective insurance which i gavent and im wondering whether this will ' complicate' things ...  
    • it is precisely for these reasons that the OP should withdraw the claim and begin again. Firstly, the case has been badly handled from the start. The OP hasn't come to us and stuck to it in a regular engaging way. Secondly, it seems that the OP is now being advised on the basis of it being a matter of principle rather than looking at a sensible and pragmatic outcome. We have a duty to the people who come to help us to try and get the best solution for them that we can. Secondary is that we want to notch up a further victory against the parcel delivery industry – and frankly it doesn't matter which company it is as long as we get a victory. If we simply urge someone to continue a case at their own expense in a claim which has a very reduced chance of success, simply because it gives us personal satisfaction, then this is really contrary to what we do and certainly contrary to the interests of the claimant. I'm now urging the OP (Original Poster) to withdraw and to start again and work with us very closely in order to get a much more certain victory. By continuing this claim, not only with the OP risk even more money, it will take more time in the sense of failure will be demoralising. Better to feel that one is in control by exercising one's own choices and taking the long view
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sharon V On:Line Finance **WON**

bearo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just need some advice really, have several claims going on right now and have taken this one on for my husband....

He has a car loan with this company who i believe are part of GMAC now... anyways, loan was for something like 14,000 :o and they amounted charges for £568.00 on top of loan at the end for things like missed payments sending letters etc (£30.00 a pop!!) Long story short, have sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 07/08/06 and they cashed cheque, rang to find out where statements etc were and have been fobbed off, rang again today and a nice lady said she'd priont it all off and pop it in post, I referred to my letter saying I needed details of manual intervention etc, but she was completely lost on what I was telling her lol!!!

So she is going to track down the orginal letter and phone me back ( ya right I will believe it when i see pigs fly!!)

Anyways my question is this, if I want a copy of the loan agreement, do I need to send a seperate letter quoting the CCA and send £1.00?? Also If we find that they cannot supply the orginal agreement (which i suspect they cannot) what happens then? , have been reading and readin this site and various posts but as everyone has a slightly different case thought I would just ask my case straight out... if you can point me in the direction of an answer thats great if not pleasse help.

Thank you!

Sharon

well pigs did fly! She phoned back to say they cannot find the orginal letter i sent (sar) and could i refax if, I re emailed it to her and used the opportunity to email a CCA request also for loan agreement, who knows it might work!

Any advise on my previous question would be gratefully appreciated!

Firstly, please stop bumping your own thread - 4 times in less than a day is more likely to get you ignored than recognised.

If you are suggesting that a missing piece of paper gives you the right to ignore a debt that you clearly know to be yours and valid, then you are asking for help on the wrong website. We do not condone any action which would suggest it is fine to avoid paying back something you know you should.

The charges imposed are a separate issue. If they have charged you more than it costs them to deal with the late payments etc etc then yes, reclaim them in the same way as you would bank charges.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

wow sorry, i didnt mean to bump the thread 4 times, for some reason it posted my bump twice, i didnt do it intentionally, thank you for replying, i wasnt suggesting that a missing piece of paper gives me any right to ignore a debt, it was just i was reading some posts about original loan agreements not being found by the company and couldnt quite follow what some people were going after regarding this. Sorry my thread was bumped so many times! :)

well following some chasing up - and reading non compliance letter over phone to online finance received statements today - including all screen shots of calls - some of it is complete rubbish-

they owe 568.00 in charges. Pelim letter in post tommorow morning.

Actually some help would be really good on a question i have, during the course of our agreeement with online finance a baliff was sent round to take back to car due to non payment of monthly payment, this charge has been applied to the account, can I claim this or should i leave it out? Any advice much appreciated as i want to get this in the post tonight,

Thanks

Sharon

I believe that 'reasonable' charges for this are not reclaimable. If you believe that the charge was excessive, you could at least ask for a breakdown of theri expenses though....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

There will come a point where they finally take the time to respond... :-)

Well you were right Jonni, they replied 29th Sept,juts osme advice needed if you would.... this was a hire purchase credit agreement. I believed from what I read on the site when I started that i could reclaim for these charegs also.

The reply i got today was....

The OFT regulations refer only to £12.00 limit on default cxharges incurred by creidt cards. The agreement you entered into with us was a conditional sale agreement regulated bt the consumer credit act 1974, which was inclusive of clauses whereby you agreed to indemnify us for any costs incurred. A tariff of these charges was included with your welcome pack at the beginning of your agreement. We must therefore aver that you have agreed to pay these charegs from the outset and thus do not accept your claim for re-imbursment"

Is this the standard fob off letter? I did apply for the original agreement under the cca at the beginning and also a sar request.

Should i have used another template as they refer to the consumere credit act???

Ughhh!!!

Thanks any help appreciated

Sharon

Standard reply. If they would like to show you the evidence of their costs, that's another matter.

Great Jonni thanks for your reply, I am just a bit wary of finanace companies as opposed to reclaiming bank charges but I suppose its all the same right? Thanks for replying so quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent news Sharon - let's see if they play the ignorance card and apply for a stay!

Hi there Ollie. When you got your staements, could you tell what the codes mean? I have a list of payments and no explanation.

For example: DDM, ML, DDB, PDQ, PAY, MLA

Any ideas??? - I have statement of charges and statement of account!

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

any news olliebear?

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

I havent got a list of what they mean, although I have a fair idea of what then mean if that makes sence....for my schedule of charges I used the statement of charges and put their "detail" column as my reason for charge i.e let1w, ddb, let2w, defnow...etc...does that help any?

I'm glad i'm not the only one having issues with on:line, they have to be the worst company ever.

I paid off my car 2 years ago and sent a 1st request for £763.00 off on the 25th Oct. They wrote back saying I owed them £301.00 and have 2 weeks to pay. Until then the car belongs to them!

Cheeky ****. I have a stupid screen print that shows I owe them nothing at all.

I'm waiting to send the LBA now and am quite happy to see them in court, the worst that can happen is they can win £301 against my £763 + interest but I don't see how even that is possible.

I am really annoyed.:mad: