Barclaycard/Goldfish/Egg

kate999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly I apologise to anyone that has previously helped me on threads and I seem to be asking the same questions again.

Could anyone please advise that I have got my facts straight before I start claiming back charges and missold PPI.

Between my partner and I we have 6 credit cards that got defaulted in 2004 and passed to DCA's. This was due to both of us loosing our jobs when I became disabled and my partner became my carer and helped to look after our children.

We have had arrangements since 2006 with all these creditors that are now with different DCA's. I have SAR all of the DCA to try and get as much information as I can and to see if they officially own the debt. As I do not have copies of the Notice of Assignments. From what I can understand so far I believe that they do. (HFO/Aktiva Kapital/Turnbell Rutherford etc)

I will also be CCA'ing them all (DCA's) tomorrow to see if the debts are enforceable.

Working on the assumption that they do all own the debt and I want to try and claim back all the charges/PPI/Interest that the Original Creditor placed on the account before the defaults and the account and charges passed to the DCA's, do I need to then SAR the Original Creditor ie - Barclaycard and claim the charges from them? The reason I am SAR'ing them is that we no longer have any of the original statement.s Once I have these I will be able to calculate all the PPI payments and charges.

Please Please Please can people confirm that I am following the right process. I am really sorry if I am asking repeat questions. I just need to make sure that I am claiming from the right people.

I have spent scores of hours reading through this site, and the advice I have had has been amazing! I am just struggling to find examples of people wanting to claim back charges etc when the account has been sold to a DCA.

Many thanks in advance!

PPI REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Loan PPI full refunded + 8%

HALIFAX - Credit Card PPI full refund + 8%

EGG - WON!

MARBLES/HFC - N1 Submitted

MORGAN & STANLEY - [/WON!]

CREDIT CARD CHARGES REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Credit Card Charges full refund + 8%

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - Full refund + CI

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

Yep, send the SAR Request with £10, they have 40 days to respond to your request. If you don't get all the documents, send a follow up letter

listing the missing documents. You are not bound by the 6 years, you can claim beyond 6 years providing you get the statements. Claim contractual interest on all PPI and penalty charges. Your claims are against the Original Creditors.

Just to let you know, I sent Barclaycard a SAR request, they sent everything except the CCA, I sent a follow up letter, they sent me a copy of an application and told me they had nothing for the other account. Your call, but might be an idea to SAR them first, you might get lucky, because far as they are concerned all your doing is claiming back your charges. If they can't provide CCA you can CCA Request them later.

'do I need to then Subject Access Request the Original Creditor ie - Barclaycard and claim the charges from them?'

Edited by rebel11

Fantastic Rebel - Least I know I am nor heading on the right track!

Enjoy Your Bank Holiday - Not that they need one!

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

Will Do Rebel - Thank you for your help today ;)

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

Hi Kate,

Just to confirm, unless you know for sure that a debt is now owned by DCA, you would always send the SAR to the OC (original creditor).

So, if you've not had a Notice of Assignment, go to the OC with your SAR.

While waiting for the SAR responses, read up on how to claim interest at the higher (contractual) rate on both CCard penalty charges and on PPI. The interest Tutorial in my signature is very useful.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)