split open head during medical ,so halted it

bigsanta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not going to go too far into the details,but here's what happened.

Yesterday a member of family had his ATOS medical IB/IS.He was diagnosed with clinical depression some years ago,self harms ,has attempted suicide in the past,has problems with paronoia ,anxiety ,out bursts of anger and stays in the family home because of it.

He was accompanied in taxi by family member ,but not to the medical room ,half way through the medical with the nurse,his stress reached it's peak and he punched the desk infront of him and shouted,then he head butted the desk and split his forehead wide open.

Nurse quickly left and got security and also his family member,they came back to the room he was in and found his face and clothes soaked in blood,and the nurse explained, the medical couldn't continue because of this.

Also it seems they never had his questionaire (even though it was sent to them via trackable means,and P.O confirms it was delivered ),so they never knew a thing about him,until he was made to trawl through right from the start of his problems .

He's also damaged his hand from whacking the desk .

Edited by bigsanta

Sorry to hear that, hope he's recovering and wish him well.

A clear example of why a profit oriented private company shouldn't be responsible for these assessments...

Best wishes

Rae

Yesterday a member of family had his ATOS medical IB/IS.He was diagnosed with clinical depression some years ago,self harms ,has attempted suicide in the past,has problems with paronoia ,anxiety ,out bursts of anger and stays in the family home because of it.

He was accompanied in taxi by family member ,but not to the medical room ,half way through the medical with the nurse,his stress reached it's peak and he punched the desk infront of him and shouted,then he head butted the desk and split his forehead wide open.

Nurse quickly left and got security and also his family member,they came back to the room he was in and found his face and clothes soaked in blood,and the nurse explained, the medical couldn't continue because of this.

Also it seems they never had his questionaire (even though it was sent to them via trackable means,and P.O confirms it was delivered ),so they never knew a thing about him,until he was made to trawl through right from the start of his problems .

This sound terrible I wish him well. This is an example how this medical is putting ill people to their limits something needs to be done to stop this madness.

take care

helen

Hi this is Goldensyrup,

I don`t know if you found my post that was kindly suggested by HB.

This is what happened to me.

I have suffered from Anxiety Disorder, Clinical Depression, Panic Attacks and recently Bipolar.

I have been in receipt of Long Term IB since 1996. 5 years ago I had to go for a medical with the (Social Security Doctor) or DWP as it is known now. This was when I lived in UK, I have since moved to Spain.

Anyway, I turned up with my mum, after suffering waves of panic on the train and being sick in the bushes in the highstreet, (how embarrasing, two blokes passing by even said "bet she´s up the duff").

I went into the doctors room with my mum, we sat down, after 1 minute, I got up and started pacing the room, I vomited into he´s little handwash sink, opened all he´s windows, turned on he´s fans and was basically in a total mess.

The doctor told my mum to take me home. I was literally in there for 5 minutes.

I asked for a copy of the doctors report and it stated "diagnosis - Severe Mental Health Disorder" found to be in the exempy category.

Now 5 years on my IB review is due at the end of July/Beginning of August. As I live in Spain and exported my IB, along with my CB and CTC I don´t really know how the DWP are going to handle my review. I think there are some doctors employed by the DWP here in Spain and I don´t mind going to see them, as I have my mum who has now moved over to come with me. I did ring the IB department a few months ago and she was very nice and said not to worry, all that will happen is that a form will be sent to my doctor here in Spain about my illness. If my doctors refuses to do this (which I know she won´t), or if they need more information then the IB will send a letter to me to fill in.

Like I said earlier, I have now been diagnoised with Bipolar, this I believe was brought on and brewing in the back-ground and has shown itself all because of the stress of applying for DLA from Spain. I did this in 2008, and today after much noise, phone calls and emails they have sent my file to Reproduction Department to be copied and posted to appropriate parties. So hopefully should get a Tribunal date soon (which will have to be a paper hearing).

This is an email from my Legal Advisors talking about the Regulation that was passed stating that the 26 week rule was not necessary and people could apply for DLA after they had moved from the UK

As I understand the European system, when a Country is reported to them as not having complied with E.U. Law or regulations then, once they have checked the situation and found it to be true, they then take out infringement proceedings against that Country. The infringement proceedings point out the areas of E.U. Law or regulations that are not being adhered to and instructs the Country to remedy the situation.

If no remedy is forthcoming then the E.U. place the infringement before the European Court of Justice. This still stands even though there is a new Government in place. It still has to be sorted out.

I have pointed this out in my DLA appeal, plus loads of other medical evidence. So will have to wait and see what happens.

Sorry to deviate slightly from your Thread, but I hope you found the first half about my experience with IB informative. Sorry to go on about DLA, it´s a bone of contention with me at the moment. But also in a way I surpose it can be linked up with my IB as I now have Bipolar to add to my list of ills.:-|

Edited by goldensyrup