Connaught collections/1st Credit/Judge & Priestly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This unholy trio are at it again I CCA them for an other in January 09 and they

have come back today with '' A true copy of the Credit Agreement '' which consists of 11 newly printed pages of terms and conditions headed Credit Agreement regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974 followed by

This is a copy of YOUR agreement for YOU to keep.It includes a notice about Your cancellation rights which You should read. (their capitals) next is

Creditor

Citifinancial Europe Plc,of

87 Castle Street

Reading

RG1 7DX

Debtor:

Miss xxxxxx of

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxx

Apart from a small section of one page which has at the top a chart of interest rates for purchaces, balance transfers & cash advances the rest is pure text,

No where is their any debtors signature or creditors signature or date no witness either.

This rubbish arrived with a letter from CON-naught stating please find information required payment in full must be paid to this office within the next Seven days if you don't respond we will continue our efforts to secure this debt.

Also included is a letter from one Steve Birkinshaw of (S)CITI so called head of Transaction Services UK Consumer Group addressed to Sandra Himsworth of 1st. Credit it states,

Further to your recent request for a copy of the credit card agreement for xxxxxxxx nnnnnnnnnnno.xxx. We enclose a true copy of the debtors original and final agreements with Citi Financial Europe.

I have already reported this mob to the OFT and 'concerns' have raised they say, have sent todays rubbish to them as well.

Sent Con-Naught Matter still in Dispute due to failure to provide correct document etc.

Any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated.

can we have some more history on the debt please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Daughters very old associates credit card in her maiden name so over 12 years ago over £2k. no contact for over 8-10 years so stat barred but Con-Naught ignore all reference to this. also refuse to deal with me as her authorised rep.

Why even waste the £1 cca fee on a Statute Barred debt??!!

Tell them it's statute barred, if they contend otherwise then they must prove it!!

I would tell them, in not uncertain terms, to either stop harassing me or take me to court, where I would happily take their money in expenses for a frivolous attempt at abusing the litigation process!!!

Definitely report to every authority you can think of and also I'd complain to my MP and the MP of wherever these goons are located nowadays!!

I'd send them a final position letter, stating as above and politely tell themto go forth and multiply, so to speak!!

Cheers

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Thanks for that I am already in touch with my MP over other DCA matters

I wiil put together the type of letter you suggest UF.

I just can't believe how the idiots can carry on producing the crap received today and hope to succeed in getting money, unless they are solely relying on ignorance and intimidation.

perhaps the new government should be ''encouraged'' to take a closer look at this industry as they are using some of the worst offenders to collect benefit over payments etc.

the more you write the more you get markers against you - mug awaits.

simply ignore them, that is the only way .

firing off cca's and statute barred letters will get the current fleecer off your case, but they certainly don't put that on the phishing list when the next fleecer buys it, else they wouldn't buy it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Connaught have sent another ''Agreement'' which they claim is in compliance of my CCA request it's once again 11 pages of terms & conditions. headed as follows. 03850109200Associates MAR & EMG?

Credit agreement regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974

This is a copy of your agreement for you to keep.

It then goes on to give the following detail.

Creditor

Associates Capital Corp

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

Debtor

Daughters name

Address

Important you should read this carefully-your rights.

No where is there any signature for them or my daughter or any dates.

They claim this is is enough to start court action and they no longer consider they debt in dispute. I have asked them to prove the debt is not stat barred

and to give the default date, to no avail.

They also claim to have written on 20 May explaining the reason the think the debt is not SB, no such letter received.

Can any one please give a considered opinion on the validity of the agrrement please.

Just ignore these idiots. You have told them the debt is Statute Barred. They have not proven otherwise so leave it at that. If they are foolish enough to take you to Court then you can wipe the smile off their faces with a counterclaim. Its is unlikely however that they will be stupid enough although it is a DCA we are talkinmg about so stupidity knows no bounds

ignore

dx

and they

The OFT Guidance is quite clear on the subject of statute barred debt. However, it is important to make clear that no payment will be forthcoming. You could ignore them, but this gang are stupid enough to issue papers, and why let them cause more hassle.

I'd suggest a formal complaint to Bob Kingdon, who is apparently head of Compliance at 1st Credit. Make clear that you consider that the debt is statute barred, no payment will be forthcoming, and that their continued pursuit is a breach of their obligations under the OFT Guidance, and will be construed as harassment if it continues.