Help with dealing with G24 please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone could help me as I'm worried about Final notice I got today from G24 as it mentions a debt recovery agency and wondered if anything had happened recently to change the rules around PCNs. I received a PCN from G24 2 weeks ago after going shopping in Staples and overstaying my welcome by 15 mins as I spent a long time talking to the sales asst there. G24's PCN has time-stamped pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park. After looking at some of the the threads on this forum that I decided to ignore the letter. Today I received a Notice to Owner/Keeper/Hirer/Driver Final Reminder from G24 saying the liability for the parking charge lies with you, the owner/keeper/hirer/driver. Basically, I was given 14 days to pay the reduced amount and as they haven't received any money the outstanding amount is now £90. The scary sentence is "Failure to pay the increase amount will result in G24 Ltd forwarding the outstanding debt to a Debt Recovery Agency where you may incur additional costs". I am really unsure of the next step I should take as they have mentioned a debt recovery agency. I would be really grateful for any information or help.

The part where they say

"Failure to pay the increase amount will result in G24 Ltd forwarding the outstanding debt to a Debt Recovery Agency where you may incur additional costs"

actually means

"Failure to pay will wind us up, and we will pass it on to the cleaner on the next desk to see if they have any more luck trying to [problem] you"

Ignore all of it.

Please don't confuse a debt recovery agency with properly appointed court bailiffs. Debt collectors are just ordinary citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your premises, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record.

Ignore.

They're well known scamsters and easy to ignore.

Today I received a Notice to Owner/Keeper/Hirer/Driver Final Reminder from G24 saying the liability for the parking charge lies with you, the owner/keeper/hirer/driver

I see G24 are still committing fraud then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for all your support but am still worried and getting a little stressed by this. Had two letters from CCSCollect which I think is the inhouse collection for G24 (even though based in Thornton Heath). First quite polite but 2nd really nasty with big black lettters stating notice of intended legal action. Sentences like "This is a notice of intended legal action which will be relied upon by the creditor even if not read" & "Documents are being prepared for the final recovery of this debt." and giving only 2 days for any action on recipients part. I'm assuming this is part of their tactics to panic you into sending cheque, or paying online by credit or debit card. I can see pay at this point.

Lesson learnt is check everywhere that I park for any signs but I am sure some will evade me and don't go back to the car park where I got the ticket....

Thanks for all your support but am still worried and getting a little stressed by this. Had two letters from CCSCollect which I think is the inhouse collection for G24 (even though based in Thornton Heath). First quite polite but 2nd really nasty with big black lettters stating notice of intended legal action. Sentences like "This is a notice of intended legal action which will be relied upon by the creditor even if not read" & "Documents are being prepared for the final recovery of this debt." and giving only 2 days for any action on recipients part. I'm assuming this is part of their tactics to panic you into sending cheque, or paying online by credit or debit card. I can see pay at this point.

Lesson learnt is check everywhere that I park for any signs but I am sure some will evade me and don't go back to the car park where I got the ticket....

just idle threats to frighten you, just ignore some more, eventually they will stop as they realise they cant frighten you into paying a scamvoice