asda have allegedly taken my mate to court (according to the bailiff)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

going to post this in bailiffs also

OK my mate got caught shoplifting in asda (she has had all the lectures from me )

she was given an £80 on the spot fine from police didn't pay it and swift bailiffs have turned up today

However this bailiff is looking to collect on 2 fines because according to the bailiffs asda have also taken her to court (she has had nothing from asda to say she has been to court)

there is 2 swift reference numbers and 2 different local court reference numbers

(how do i find out what court it is with the reference numbers)

do/can asda take you to court if you have already been fine

Double Jepordy Comes To Mind

Are We Talking Retail Loss Prevention As Well As The £80 Fine

I/she has know idea who it is all we know is she was caught shoplifting in asda (November i think) police were called and she was given an on the spot £80 fine she didn't pay it bailiff turned up today and demanded £760 for 2 magistrate court fines when she queried the second one he told her asda had taken her to court (she has no idea where/when this happened)on the letter he left there are 2 swift reference numbers and 2 local court reference numbers both different

Point Being Also Is Can The Poice Instruct Bailiffs Ref The £80 Fine If It Has Not Been Escalated To A Magistrate

she did get a letter from the local court asking her to get in touch to pay it and by the time she did it had already been passed to the bailiffs

she has never been to court or had a letter from asda ,RLP ,Evershield (thanks for that Scarlet Pimpernel)

PS & don't assume that because she received a FPN that she actually committed an offence. You'd be surprised how many accept them where no offence has been committed.

The police hand them out like Smarties in the certain knowledge that the threat of immediate arrest & thrown in a cell for hours terrifies those accused & it's another 'crime solved' good for the figures donchano:mad:

PS & don't assume that because she received a FPN that she actually committed an offence. You'd be surprised how many accept them where no offence has been committed.

she did commit the offence and was taken to the local station held for a few hours and give her fix penalty

We need more details. Please tell us which CCJ is which & what they say if you could remove all personal details then post them here that would help enormously

we have no idea if there is a CCJ the only info we have was given to us by the bailiff and he has listed 2 magistrate court fines

she has not received any correspondence from asda/RLP/or anyone else regarding this alleged second fine/CCJ

the bailiff told her that asda had taken her to court

I will try and post up the letter from the bailiff (bit of a dunce when it comes to things like that and cant ask anyone for help as no one know about this except me and the person she was with at the time)

I have sent an e-mail to swift asking them for the name of both courts the fines relate to and the dates i have also asked for a breakdown of each fine and the charges they have added

the FPN was £80 the bailiff is looking for £760

swifts fees for magistrate court fines are £85 administration fee £195 attendance fee so the FPN should be £360 leaving a difference of £400 for the other fine/CCJ