How important are job "protocols" ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just wondering how important these are and what might happen to someone who chose not to follow them.... 8-)

The new Head of my school (I work in a school) has decided to remind :confused: us of the protocol of informing him if we decide to even apply for jobs anywhere else.

Firstly, I don't recall ever being told this even by his predecessor and secondly, I don't want him to know in case I get landed with sh*tty tasks from that moment until I get another job somewhere else.. The job is stressful enough as it is.

My view has always been that you only tell your employer if/when you're offered an interview and/or need a reference....

Any thoughts?

I was promoted to teacher last September and am currently on the unqualified pay scale.... but I'm not looking for another teaching role, so probably wouldn't be offered another job at the interview stage. I want to try and move out of teaching, if possible.... it's far too target driven and I'm more geared towards the pastoral welfare of young people anyway.

If I was offered an interview anywhere, then I would tell him.... but I don't think it's his business to know if staff are merely applying. In theory, I could be applying for years!.... which I'm pretty sure would make my life Hell.

Hi,

Are those protocols included in your handbook of employment?

Where can they be found?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi,

Are those protocols included in your handbook of employment?

Where can they be found?

No-one has seen these protocols...! I think he's just made them up to suit himself. People are leaving the place in droves since he took over last year and he's starting to panic (in my opinion).

One of the teaching staff got offered a job somewhere else last week and went through the correct procedure of requesting time off to attend interviews, etc. Nowhere on the form has it ever said that you need the Head to sign it... he only approves time off when it's for personal things..... so this guy got the vice principal to sign, as I would have done as well.

He's since had a real dressing down, a verbal threat of "I'll make sure you never work in education again" if he comes out of his contract early, despite giving notice.... and was sent away to consider his options. This poor guy is only 22 and it hit him hard at the time but he's since bounced back and is going anyway.... ;)

I have no intention of letting the Head know that I'm applying for interviews.... and think it's part of a power trip personally.