style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a quick question, I have just had a couple of days off sick and have been stopped my salary, can somebody tell me if this diduction should be before of after tax?

Hello and welcome to CAG. I hope someone will be along to confirm or otherwise, but I would have thought it came out before they calculate your tax. I'll have a quick google and come back if I find anything.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am not sure what you mean with your question. You only pay tax on what you earn, so if your earning are reduced, you will be taxed less. SSP (sick pay) is classed as income, so is taxable at your usual rate and you pay NI on it. HM Revenue & Customs:Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) - Frequently Asked Questions

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

They can't "take" money out after you have paid tax. The tax you pay is based on what you earn. Do you get a detailed pay slip showing earning and deductions? Are you paid through a formal pay-roll, or is it cash in a brown envelope?

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

Well, all I can suggest now, is that you ask your payroll clerk to explain the deductions. If you are still unsure, you will need to save your pay slips for the year and compare them with your P60 at the end of the tax year, or P45 if you leave the role before then.

Hi,

One option is to contact HMRC and state the points you made in your posts...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.