re Barclays financing has been cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have a financing agreement with Barclays to pay for a course with another company. i wasnt able to receive the agreed service and the company has now gone into administration and closed down. I made a complaint to barclays about it and after a few months of waiting, Barclays has decided to cancel the loan and deem the balance paid in full...

my question is, can i still claim back from Barclays the amount I have already paid them?

Thanks for your help...

Why do you think that Barclays should bear the loss? If the company had no deal with Barclays to provide finance, my immediate reaction is to suggest that Barclays have been generous to write off the balance of the loan.

• 3 weeks later...
Why do you think that Barclays should bear the loss? If the company had no deal with Barclays to provide finance, my immediate reaction is to suggest that Barclays have been generous to write off the balance of the loan.

My original agreement was a financing thru the company.then after a month they sent me a letter saying that they passed on my financing thru Barclays as they have a cheaper interest(cheaper by £5per month)...

so, to answer you, they seemed to have sold my agreement with them to barclays. I didnt apply directly to Barclays therefore dont you think I am due for a refund of all the payments I have already paid them?

My original agreement was a financing thru the company.then after a month they sent me a letter saying that they passed on my financing thru Barclays as they have a cheaper interest(cheaper by £5per month)...

so, to answer you, they seemed to have sold my agreement with them to barclays. I didnt apply directly to Barclays therefore dont you think I am due for a refund of all the payments I have already paid them?

Nothing leaps to mind that could justify a claim against Barclays. The only doubt in my mind is that Barclays have agreed to write off the balance of the loan when I cannot see that they needed to.

Have a read of this thread kitkat, they are all in the same boat>

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/244467-advent-computer-training-barclays.html

Did you have a read of that thread? They will know more about this as they have been on it for some time now, and they have also looked into (and got) cancellations as well as refunds.

Did you have a read of that thread? They will know more about this as they have been on it for some time now, and they have also looked into (and got) cancellations as well as refunds.

Yes I did but I havent checked for the most recent ones.I will check it now.

Thanks Conniff