The dwp and income tax

commiekips
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got your P60?

Does the figure for tax purposes look correct?

Need to take the advice on the P60 and contact the benefits office in order to get the information required to write to the IR to query it?

Try it.

Each dept will not and say they cannot give the required information for total benefit paid in tax year so it is necessary to deal with each separate dept to obtain figures with written confirmation of actual figures for any particular tax year in order to arrive at a sum figure.

I feel sorry for those who haven't got internet capability to access information or who are not mentally up to the task. Mr Brown, your DWP is nothing short of a complete and utter shambles; you should be ashamed of yourself.

But let's look at a different scenario. You have made a successful claim for compensation. Now the depts, unbelievably, can contact each other and want their money back. Now they're really on the ball and hound you constantly.

So it seems to be a case of: Money off the claimant = work together and wear them down. Money going to the claimant = put your feet up, split up the depts, send out written info, but just enough.

We need a labour government, but there hasn't been one around for years.:x

I told tax people I am not capable of adding or sourcing the benefit figures as finding it confusing, true, they were lovely and said they would do it for me, as had the figures there and not in any different situation from last year. Maybe I was lucky.

I was then reassured I didnt even have to fill the form in and they would do it online for me. Imense stress dissapeared straight away because they took the trouble to help.

I used to be ashamed of admitting I have shortcommings when it comes to simple things people do, as in freak out at everything. Lately Ive realised as long as I politely ask for help and admit I am a bit of a twit when it comes to such things, they have always helped, wether dwp enquiry or tax office forms.

Maybe someone has put a note on my file to warn them about me:eek: :)

Edited by loopinlouie