Turning the tables on DCA Bullies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Passing on an alleged debt to a DCA even though it is clearly in dispute.

In another case, failing to provide under a CCA request for 3 years or so and then providing a so called reconstituted agreement which is clearly false as the interest rates dont match up and then harassing me.

Thanks

interweb

I don't think passing a disputed debt on t a DCA is unlawful.

Ignoring a CCA request for that length of time then producing a reconstitued one is very definitely questionable. Had they produced the original it would be unlawful and could well be in your case. It is certainly not good practice!

Complaints should be made to the Financial Ombudsman.

• 2 weeks later...
An update. They didn't pay my invoice or pay compensation, but they have written today to say they've closed the account which is just as good!

tingy, have a simular situation brewing with lowlife,

cap1, sold debt on to lowlife begin of 2011, even though was paying the oc regualar from default 2008 tp last month where i have suspended payments until they sort out cca dispute, have not acknowlege any debt to lowlife, they have simple assignment i believe , never received any noa from either of them , although lowlife has provided a copy of what they alledgly sent me earlier?

anyway sent lowlife a letter stateing that if they send any more demanding payments letters a tthe frequency that they send, i will invoice them from the date of the letter without any further warning , cheeky blighters have sent 2, although 1 was a statement of account , thought you only got these once a year not quartly?are they testing me? dont know if i charge them for that one?:|

how do i go about the court form is it n1 you sent them , appreciate any info off the procedure you took with the invoice sending.

• 2 months later...