rent arrears paid by Court Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Family and i are suffering neighbour issues which is effecting my children and my wifes health (depression after loosing child)

m housing association are aware of the problems but wont do anything about it so we are trying to move.

currently we are in rent arrears which are being paid via benefits due to a court order. My research has revield that due to the problems, we can move to another area and still continue to pay the rent arrears via benefits and once wifes health has improved (hope it does) and i seek employment, i can then address the court again to pay a set amount via direct debit every week to pay it off.

is this information correct, or can my HA still stop us from moving?

They cannot stop you from moving but you may find it difficult to get alternative accommodation as Councils do share info on tenants - so you could tr loate and see if another council is willing to take you on.

You could certainly go to a private landlord, but this may be more problematical if a large deposit is required.