Help - Tbi Financial Services !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with a debt from the above company on my dads behalf - i deal with all his debts as he has had a stroke. they sent me a letter in january for a debt thru hfc bank loan taken thru dixons for 298. - The amount they are claiming is 710.39. My dad has no recollection of this so i sent them a letter from this site denying all knowledge of debt and requesting they send me a credit agreement - they sent this thru to me - i then sent a letter requesting a copy of the statement of account - This i have now recieved today - the original debt is from dec 98 and the last payment was made on the 19th july 04 - my dad paid back a total of 624.25 - there are numerous adjustments on the statement - one for 275 which has no reason another for 60. the interest rate on the statement of acct is 26.16% the date of agreement on the credit agreement is different to the date of agreement on the statement of account i have all the paperwork in front of me. can someone please help me as they are obviously being vultures .

i cannot really make head nor tail of the statement of account

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These type of agreement are not really my forte, but I find it strange that it clearly states it is an interest free plan yet they have charged 29.5APR.

Your total repayments should have been £11.21 x 48 = £538.08

He took out the CPI which is also known as PPI so I assume that would have cost £239.09 which would make the interest free credit £298.99 + PPI 239.09 = £538.08

He should reclaim the PPI for a start.

thanks for you help so far

how do i go about claiming the PPI back - any idea what the adjustment of 275 would be ?? any idea why the statement of account just doesnt make any sense re additional payments and summary in top right hand corner?? can they enforce this ???

cheers cerbus - from what i can deduce the interest free option 12 - relates to paying the full balance within the first twelve months which would coincide with the statement of account which doesnt add any interest until 12 months are up - then adds 63.64??

These type of agreement are not really my forte, but I find it strange that it clearly states it is an interest free plan yet they have charged 29.5APR.

Your total repayments should have been £11.21 x 48 = £538.08

He took out the CPI which is also known as PPI so I assume that would have cost £239.09 which would make the interest free credit £298.99 + PPI 239.09 = £538.08

He should reclaim the PPI for a start.

thanks for you help so far

how do i go about claiming the PPI back - any idea what the adjustment of 275 would be ?? any idea why the statement of account just doesnt make any sense re additional payments and summary in top right hand corner?? can they enforce this ???

I would agree with cerb's assessment on this. Something is very wrong.

The CPI has already been "preticked" implying that your dad had no choice in this matter. So yes, you should definitely ask for them to either prove that he did actually request it by signature or repay it.

Everything seems to be going ok until around 12th November 2001 when an adjustment of £270 was made. What was that for? You need to ask them for an explanation of this.

As the payment amount remained the same, there was never going to be any chance your father would be out of debt to this company.

If the last payment was as shown on the statements then this account will be statute barred in June 2010

Has there been any acknowledgement of the debt ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

cheers citizenb

there has been no acknowledgement of the debt I have followed without prejudice route and both letters I have sent state that my father does not acknowledge the debt. I have no idea what the adjustment for 275 was for whatsoever. what would you recommend my next step is - ask what the 275 was for - just hang it out until june .......please assist if you can

cheers everyone for you help so far

I would like to share some information about TBI Financial Services, as this may help others.

I have had the unpleasant experience of being pursued for three years by this company for a debt I do not owe. They have used several different companies and entities to contact me, have demanded differing amounts, and have consistently failed to show any legal justification for their claim.

So, should they contact you, make absolutely sure that they really are your creditor, as I believe they simply 'try it on' in order to bully/blackmail people into effectively paying them to go away. It would appear that they buy names and account numbers in order to claim old debts that have either been repaid, or some kind of settlement has been done, or they are statute barrred.

The best course of action is to lodge a complaint with Trading Standards.

Hi

I agree with Hyacinth, TBI are not a very trustworthy bunch.

They have sent me a copy of my agreement, with only a copy of my signature on and say that they don't have the roiginal ! The clever part in all of this is that they have sent me acopy of an agreement that was faxed to them 3 years prior to my ever making an application to the bank they are claiming from?

Having had dealings with them now for some time, I can quite genuinely say that thyey are capable of anything, and I do not think they play a straight game.

Good luck, you will get proper help and advice here.

Cups :oops:

thanks everyone so far for your advice - just wondering what i should do next as the letter states they will get their solicitors involved within seven days - how accurate this is who knows - may just be another bullying tactic ??? anyone who can advise me of my next letter or stance should be would be much appreciated

I am looking after my dads debts etc for him as he has had a stroke - i have a letter from the above comapny chasing a debt from 98 - 2004 - they state he owes 703 - this has been reduced on statemnent of acct to 653 - i sent a letter requesting CCA which they produced - i then sent a letter stating it is statute barred and they have produced the attached statement of account showing a payment made in june 2004 -

my queries are this is the CCA enforceable and no t/c's - the APR doesn seemt to add up to the interest rate - the PPI has been preselected showing my dad had no option but to take it - the statement of account has an adjustment of 275 added to acct and another for 60 with no explanation as to what they are for which means at the repayment rate set of 11 monthly he never would of payed the debt off - he actually repayed well over the required amount and the payments /credits int charges box in top right hand corner of statement of account just do not add up either - THERE ARE JUST SO MANY FAULT / DISCREPANCIES IS THIS DEBT ENFORCEABLE - can someone plaese help me - they say i have seven days to respond

should i send a letter stating all of above and await a response - hang it out till its statute barred -

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Edited by cerberusalert

Guest Cartaphilus

Um, well it's very hard to read because all of it is sideways. Also, is that your fathers address on that letter? If so, I'd remove it ASAP if I were you. :)

Much better, now the threads were merged.

Edited by Cartaphilus
Threads were merged so made my comment abitrary.

cheers citizenb

there has been no acknowledgement of the debt I have followed without prejudice route and both letters I have sent state that my father does not acknowledge the debt. I have no idea what the adjustment for 275 was for whatsoever. what would you recommend my next step is - ask what the 275 was for - just hang it out until june .......please assist if you can

cheers everyone for you help so far

thanks everyone so far for your advice - just wondering what i should do next as the letter states they will get their solicitors involved within seven days - how accurate this is who knows - may just be another bullying tactic ??? anyone who can advise me of my next letter or stance should be would be much appreciated

Hmmm, letter. I wonder if it would be worth waiting until a solicitor DOES contact you. This will give us some thinking time.

You havent been sent a default notice have you ? No, just checked you havent.

As this agreement is regulated under the CCA1974 then they are obliged to send a Default Notice if they want to go any further.

IMHO, I wouldnt invest any energy in panicking. Just let us know if any further contact is made. There are only a couple of months until this is definitely statute barred so fingers crossed.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have today recieved attached letter from TBI's inhouse solicitors ref my dads above problem and attached default notice although they have the dat they sent this 26th November I did not recieve this. Can you help as to my next step as per the letter they are threatening legal action from the 29th April - as per my dads stroke he is unable to deal with this.

313j52h.jpg

155p5ox.jpg

sxm4jl.jpg

Edited by cerberusalert

Guest Cartaphilus

I would recommend you delete that credit agreement no and their reference top of that letter plus the name. (which I also note now you've left personal details in the other letters you've placed here before removal; possibly an oversight).

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Out of curiosity I looked up the address of the solicitors just now, I can find a 'David Jones' in Reading but nothing coming up linked with that address. Using the address as per that letter. Means nothing but I did so because of you saying you'd receive no DN notice until now?

Edited by Cartaphilus