Is fly tipping a crime on private land?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if it's a criminal offence to fly tip on private land. I've got a brilliant set of photos taken about 10 minutes ago of it taking place. I'll inform the landowner and pass all the details across to him tomorrow but don't know if I should report it elsewhere in the meantime.

I'm absoloutely sure there was no permission, I just can't get in touch with the landowner until tomorrow morning as I only have business contact no. Should I phone the police with details so it's at least reported without delay?

Thanks. Have informed the police and got an incident number. Annoyingly they told me they would have responded if I'd reported it as a crime in action. Wish I'd known. At least they have details of the vehicle and my photos would easily be enough for identification of the individuals.

Bit wary of going the local authority route until I have informed the landowner. All they'll do is tell him to get it cleared.