Undettered,unrepentant,un detained Vance Miller?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I purchased a kitchen from "kitchens uber" on 7/7/'11.It was delivered on 12/12/'11 & their fitters were to fit on 13/7/'11 but never showed! I had to search for a fitter to come that night as my old kitchen had been dumped.The fitter had great difficulty fitting the parts which were undamaged.-Burst units,damaged/missing doors,measurements all wrong!!!!I 'm now sitting with half of a kitchen -no doors or handles,wrong hinges,600m unit for 500ml space-no drawers -I could go on!!!! I've sent a rec delivery letter to Manchester but no-one was there.I called them yesterday & was given the Maple Mill address in Oldham so again a letter away.Trading standards don't hold much hope of me getting anywhere with this.Can anyone tell me what to do next or is this "man" unstoppable? I have been ill throughout this mess and live with a 75yr old mother & a disabled husband who has no hands & severe burns due to a house fire and is unable to help. Has anyone taken this guy to court & actually been refunded? Thanks:-x:-x:-x

Read the thread you have posted on, that has the full story so far.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I was 8 months pregnant wen kitchens uber ..edited.. me blind and ruined my life in July 2011 , my kitchen is still a disaster I can't afford to fix it again, did any if you get an outcome? Is it worth me persueing this? I've been told Vance miller will be difficult to link to kitchens uber so I will be wasting my time?

Sorry to anyone that has suffered due to vance's so called kitchen companies, also welcoming any advice on the matter or and kind hearted kitchen fitters who would like to come and help make my kitchen a bit decent!

Cheers x

Edited by Conniff

Hi,I'm sitting in a "crime scene" still since July!Keep being fobbed off by "professionals"-who seem too scared to take this on! I will fight to the end if it kills me as I've nothing more to lose.Please take your case to the small claims court or he will keep getting away with this! I have heard from a woman who was paid out in September so it can be done!The name on my paperwork is Martin Sersen.Have a look in the Daily Record consumer page.Kitchens Uber is being investigated by "The Judge".They were also on last Mondays BBC-1's Rip off Britain-series 6 episode 3 which you can watch on i-player. Cheers.

UPDATE;

22 October 2011 i took this case back to court to amend the name the CCJ was granted in. I now have MR Vance Miller named on the CCJ and i have transfered this case to Oldham County Court for enforcement.

I believed it was worth pursuing and am still doing so now, you dont know unless you try.

• Confused 1

:dizzy: "Dizzie Diva" ;)

<<<<<<<<<<please tip my star if my support or advise was useful?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,I can assure you that the quote that stated that "maybe this ladies kitchen fitters weren't up to much"is well away from the truth!I have had exactly the same problems (except by July '11 they were called kitchens uber)-amongst other names! I also removed my old kitchen the day before fitting was due-you can hardly remove an old one & re-fit in the same day!The kitchens do not fit because they are not measured by proper "designers"!I still have half a damaged kitchen without doors or handles!This man is a ****** & his "staff" are as low as a snakes belly!!!! I will be taking them as far as I can!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All.

I can assist everybody with their problems relating to this rogue trader, get in touch with me,

Mr W

Hi Mr Worried..

Please could you expand further on how you can assist members subscribed to this thread?

With the help of CAG, advice here and there, getting new contacts Iv come along way myself in this case but I'm sure there are many people who would appreciate your advice and guidance.

DD

• 1 month later...

You can obtain an order to attend for questioning which, off the top of my head, is set out in CPR Part 71 or thereabouts. If the debtor doesn't comply the ultimate, but rarely used, sanction is imprisonment.

As you have judgment you can get him into court for questioning about his assets, if you are interested in going down this road let me know and I will post up further information tomorrow.

The best bit is if he does not turn up in court, he is in contempt and can be arrested.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I dont know what i am going to do to get this man shut down or get my money back. I have the CCJ for £3000 and issued a warrant for it to come back to me saying that the warrant has been executed because all the kitchen effects are owned by Martin Dawsoln therefore the baliff suggest reissue at a different address ie (his home address). However i have been on land registry and the house he lives in his name is not on the title deeds. So what next i ask? Apparantly Vance is married but the name on the titile deeds is Joanne Marie Hepworth. Unless Vance has assets a charging order is no good, unless he is employed an attachment of earnings is no good, if the stock at his business address is in somebody else's name the baliff cannot take any goods to sale at auction..

GuidoT thankyou i would appreciate the information.

What do you suggest?

Get him into court for questioning, ensure you get the service of the papers correct, otherwise if he does not turn up, the judge will not be able to issue a warrant for his arrest.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Oh here is a document on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34238[/ATTACH][/QUOT

Vance uses allias names, the building at Maple Mill, Cardwell Street, Oldham is leased, all the stock is in the name of Martin Dawsoln. Any advice if i should get the order in his individual name or as the company.

Edited by DizzieDiva2010

You can get a charging order on anything you know. Shares in a business, for example. At least I think that is the case. You could confirm with google.

Or on a plane... If you have one! :)