Capital bank Plc (hp)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a car on hp The finance company was Capital bank plc part of the Hbos group. The problem i am having is capital bank are trying to take more money every month than what it states on my credit agreement. The first payment they tried to take by DD bounced due to them taking more than shown on the agreement hence i got a bank charge. I phoned capital bank and was told they couldnt find my agreemnet they would ring me. Never happend..... I wrote 3 letters(recorded delivery) sending copys of the agreement and my bank charge and asking for the charge to be refunded. I got no reply at all. Whilst all this was going on i made 4 of the agreed payments by cheque which were all cashed after having no reply i stopped paying. Looking back now i think this was my mistake. For weeks i have heard nothing until today i got a letter from them saying that i hadnt responded to the default notice (Never had one) and that they were terminating the agreement and require the return of the goods immediately.

My question is what can i do now i dont want to lose my car!!! if i was to pay the outstanding balance would that solve things? Can they terminate the agreement without sending me a default notice? when i tell them i havent had a default notice will it just be a case of them sending me a copy of one and the agreement will still be terminated or will that give me a chance to pay the outstanding ammount?

Did the first payment include a doc fee. quite often the first payment will be whatever the payment should be plus a doc fee , which can be anything up to £150 quid ,

So firstly you need to find that out ask for a copy of your docs.

Secondly phone them up and they would normaly give you a chance to pay the outstanding payments before taking the car back.

• 5 weeks later...

hi, have you made more than half of the payments? if so then they haveto take you to court to take the car back if not and they can prove you have defaulted i think they can send bailiffs for it.

im just about to start claiming my charges back from capital bank (i also have a car on hp with them:( )

• 8 months later...

I fell in arrears and am about to send them a cheque to clear all of them off, what can they do if i continue making payments once i am back on top of things can they still try and get the car back, its been a nightmare i would advise anyone to steer well clear of them when buying a car

HI Tony, I am dealing with capital bank at the moment (i am still trying to get my money back after they sold me a dud car) and unless you are in a position to pay them off i feel you are wasting your time, thay have to be the worst company i have ever dealt with, they have even ignored my solicitor, court for them now but i will not give up and you should keep plying pressure on to them, you may also find it useful to make a complaint to the FOS about there lack of contact,

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

I've had a huge amount of problems with Capital Bank in the past over two company cars purchased via them on hp.

We let one go back after we had paid half. The second we were stuck with as it had no end of problems. Capital bank were arguing with the dealer we purchased from about who was responsible for the car being faulty at point of sale. We are still waiting for this to be resolved over five years later!

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I'm new to Consumer Forums and was introduced when reading about Capital Bank Group.

I am currently trying to clear up a problem which started for me last June 2007.

I purchased a new car from the Evans Halshaw Citroen Garage in Stoney Stratford. I obtained a settlement figure for my old Vauxhall from Capital Bank in mid June and when taking delivery of my new car, Evans Halshaw sent them (Capital Bank) a cheque for the settlement.

All seemed well until yesterday 10th August when Capital Bank sent me a letter advising me that they were taking legal proceedings against me for non payment of my outstanding loan with them and having ignored their Default Notice.

Obviously I am straight onto Evans Halshaw who supply me with copies of all the proof I needed (bank Statement proving the cheque had been cashed etc)

Have spoken to Capital Bank Group who say they have put a trace on the cheque and it cannot be found but they will try again and I should contact them again on Monday, but they re-iterated that it was my debt and that I am legally responsible for it.

If the matter is not resolved on Monday, I will be straight on to my solicitor.

Will keep you informed

• 1 month later...

Look i have had soo many problems with a dud car i got on hp from capital bank plc.

PLEASE PLEASE ALL GO ON WATCH DOGS PAGE AND REGOSTER YOU COMPLAINTS YOU NEVER KNOW MAY BE THE KICK UP THE BACKSIDE THEY NEED.

The link is:

www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml

also please write to the FSO

(their email is)

[email protected]

if we all do it we may actually get somewhere