what lattie did next...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell

training update: ran 5 miles this morning. in 66 minutes.

and the tshirt we get for the run arrived in the post this morning. it's about the same blue as the link.

barring injury - i'm pretty certain we will be able to do it on the day.

thanks for the bumps, guys.

ran again this morning and as this is a bump message.... quite appropriate because i had a minor bump while running. going through one of those zigzag thingys along the river and caught my foot on the concrete at the bottom and went flying - no damage done. my hands hit the ground before the rest of me - so i'm ok. whew!!!!

only 13 days til the race - so any donations would be appreciated!!!!

mr-bump-gel-pack-promo.jpg

Hope you're OK Lattie ........ C'mon Caggers ! give Lattie a helping hand with a donation ........ :D:D:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

i'm fine. great, in fact. ran this morning and we ran for 75 minutes and the mileage was 5.65 miles. so we are pleased with that. just two more practice runs next week and then the run.

seeing charleyfarley's thread of what were you doin 31 years ago.. reminded me of when i used to run about that time. it's about 30 years since i did my first 10k. i went on to do several and a couple of half marathons but from 1985 on, hadn't run at all til the 5k last year. i find it funny to think about my first 10k - my goals were a) to run the whole way (which i did), to finish (which i did), to not be last (which i wasn't) and to do it in under an hour (which i did). so a success from beginning to end. this time around my goals are simpler - to finish! and in an ideal world to do it in under 1 hr. 20 min. but we may not do that - so i'll settle for just finishing, which, as i said before - barring mishaps - we will.

i'd still like to get a few more sponsors - so if you could see your way clear to donate to jane tomlinson charities (cancer research and children's cancer charities) - please follow the link. and thanks.

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell :D

ok, now we're cooking!

mazbck, there's no such thing as a small donation! every bit is appreciated as i know how much people are struggling (or they wouldn't be on this site in the first place). so thank you.

and babybear, i'm so grateful. no more scaring us with any medical problems, ok? i'm touched that you have helped me with this. thank you so much.

i take any donations very seriously and will do my very best on the day but have a good time as well.

i've found out that the guy running the race backwards is a real athlete so my goal of finishing before him looks like a non-starter. i'll be happy just to do it and remain standing!

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell :grin:

slow+runner.jpg

I might be a wee bit late in donating but I said I would.

Its nearly 3 years since I lost my Dad to bladder Cancer, and Ive lost of female relatives to Breast Cancer too. Cancer charities and dermatology charities are the only ones I donate too when I can.

SIX DAYS TIL THE HULL 10K..........

THIS IS A BIG DEAL - WE RAN 6 MILES THIS MORNING - HURRAY...

only took us 82 minutes - so we are only going to do a 4 mile run on thursday and save ourselves for sunday!

still looking for sponsors - no matter the size - all sponsorships will be gratefully accepted.

how-to-draw-cartoons-82.jpg

it's sunday, maz! i appreciate the thoughts and yes, it's too damn hot!

i'm busy hydrating with lucozade sport and counting out my corn plasters.

got my number, my timing chip, safety pins for the number, visor, sunscreen, sunglasses - btw has anyone else noticed the swarms of greenflies in the air or is it a hull problem?. i'm sure i've forgotten something, my race t-shirt, 3/4 jogpants, clean socks and undies! trainers at the ready. i think that's it. just taking it easy tomorrow and then it's race day. wish me luck!

Dang my days are seriously mixed up at the moment, I even appeared a day late today for an opticians appointment to which we all had a laugh about it LOL :D

Good luck for SUNDAY Lattie xxxxx

thanks again.

you'd think we were running the sahara desert 100k the way everyone is going on about the warm weather. in my earlier running days i ran regularly in 80 degree los angeles smog - now that was a pain. but i will say the humidity is much higher here in hull. 70 here feels like 90 in LA.