style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to ensure that you resend the Out of Time Declaration. This can be done even though you have paid the bailiff. If the application is refused, please post... back but in any event, you should appeal any refusal.

You need to WRITE back to the council and you should mark your letter as a FORMAL COMPLAINT and it should be addressed to the CHIEF EXECUTIVE. By doing this, your letter will be officially logged as a Complaint.

Whilst writing, you need to address the matter of the lack of a Contract with Davies Enforcement and you should ask them to confirm whether they have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and if so, when was it signed.

This matter most certainly warrants a Formal Complaint.

Have you resent the Out of Time Application. You really should be doing this.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly - for those needing to contact an MP - you will only be able to do so until Sunday.

Monday sees the dissolution of Parliament when all MPs effectively stand down from the role [i presume constituency work is on pause]. Whilst paid until the election, they are not MPs per se until they are voted in again. [Parliament effectively stands empty during this period].

Best wishes

rae.

[TTs post reminds me to say: Any advice I give is alongside and in addition to any advice that needs following from others. I only advise on the small area I know...]

Edited by RaeUK
small print...

Hi Rae

Thanks. Perhaps MP's may do more as there is an election looming. I live in a conservative ward and MP is Labour, perhaps he may feel like trying to win more votes.

I cannot get over the fact that the council favor Davies Enforcement and are 3 times more likely to refer to them over other providers. My council is a member of something I think is called Kent parking. It is a consortium of neighboring local authorities who have chosen to use the same policies and procedures as all the other authorities to ensure parity in Kent. I will write to the other authorities under the Freedom of Information Act to see he breakdown of cases given to each baliff company. I will ask also how they allocate cases and see what comes back.

I will ring the Ombudsman tomorrow and ask them to investigate.

Thanks for all your help.

Best wishes

linda jane

Is the SLA with Davies Enforcement or with Davies Enforcement LTD?

The Limited Company by this name was DISSOLVED in December 2008. They last filed accounts in 2004 !!! Google searches will also show that they were in business as certificated bailiffs.....

Any bailiff company collecting and banking money on behalf of a local authority should surely be expected to file accounts....

Sadly - for those needing to contact an MP - you will only be able to do so until Sunday.

Monday sees the dissolution of Parliament when all MPs effectively stand down from the role [i presume constituency work is on pause]. Whilst paid until the election, they are not MPs per se until they are voted in again. [Parliament effectively stands empty during this period].

Best wishes

rae.

[TTs post reminds me to say: Any advice I give is alongside and in addition to any advice that needs following from others. I only advise on the small area I know...]

Thanks Rae,

I was not aware of this. I will contact my MP today at the houses of parliament email address. I did contact him before regarding another matter and he responded the very same day.

Kind Regards

lindajane

Is the SLA with Davies Enforcement or with Davies Enforcement LTD?

The Limited Company by this name was DISSOLVED in December 2008. They last filed accounts in 2004 !!! Google searches will also show that they were in business as certificated bailiffs.....

Any bailiff company collecting and banking money on behalf of a local authority should surely be expected to file accounts....

Hi

Another user on this site advised me that Davies Enforcement are registered at companies house as Lockstock Limited trading as Davies Enforcement.

I have in the past written bids for local authority and central government contracts and fail to see how such a company would ordinarily get past a PQQ especially if it is the same company re-invented. Something feels very wrong and I will contact my MP today and make Freedom of Information requests to all the neighboring councils.

Why would a council refer 3 times as many cases to one company when there has been no competitive tendering exercise?

Kind regards

lindajane

Hi

The saga complicates further.

Davies Enforcement are a trading name for Loxstock Limited. So we have Davies Enforcement a trading name for Lockstock Limited (company apparently dissolved for not filing accounts), Davies Enforcement dissolved in December 2008 for not filing accounts.

I am trying to search the records of companies house but am having difficulties with their site. I will try later.

It feels very strange.

lindajane

I have been in contact with my MP today and he responded straight away and is going to investigate the case.

I have found out that the London Borough of Richmond gave Davies Enforcement Limited a contract just 2 months before they were struck off in December 2008 for failing to submit returns for 4 years.

I have written to Richmond today to question why.

I have been in contact with my MP today and he responded straight away and is going to investigate the case.

I have found out that the London Borough of Richmond gave Davies Enforcement Limited a contract just 2 months before they were struck off in December 2008 for failing to submit returns for 4 years.

I have written to Richmond today to question why.

My PERSONAL opinion is this:

A bailiff company has a very unique position in that they can enter a debtors home ( peacefully) and remove goods and be paid for doing so. All of this is as a result of him being given a warrant that has been authorised by a Court. Any money he collects (after deducting his fees) is for the benefit of the local authority.

For this reason, I can see NO REASON whatsoever why any bailiff company would be allowed to get away with not filing accounts for even one year...let alone 3 years!!!

ervices Contract Award Notice

SECTION I: CONTRACTING AUTHORITY

I.1) OFFICIAL NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY Official name: London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Postal Address: 2nd Floor Regal House, Town: Twickenham, Telephone: 020 8831 6372, E-mail: [email protected], Contact Point(s): , For the attention of: Philip Carmichael, Postal Code: TW1 3QB, Country: UNITED KINGDOM, Fax: 020 8891 7798, General address of the contracting authority (URL): Home page - London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Address of the Buyer Profile (URL): London Borough of Richmond upon Thames - Procurement Portal

I.2) TYPE OF THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY AND MAIN ACTIVITY OR ACTIVITES Regional or local authority

If 'other' please specify

I.2.1) MAIN ACTIVITY OR ACTIVITIES

General Public Services

If 'other' please specify

I.2.2) The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities?

SECTION II: OBJECT OF THE CONTRACT

II.1)TYPE OF CONTRACT Services

II.1.1) TITLE ATTRIBUTED TO THE CONTRACT BY THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY UK-Twickenham: Provision of Collection Services

II.1.2) Service category Number 27.

II.1.2.1) In case of contract for service categories 17 to 27 (see Annex B), do you agree to the publication of this notice? Yes

II.1.2.2) Main place of performance

II.1.2.3) NUTS Code

II.1.3) The notice involves (if applicable)

II.1.4) Short description of the contract or purchase(s) Collection of unpaid Penalty Charge Notices and associated costs issued under the Road Traffic Act 1991 as amended Bailiff services.

II.1.5) Common Procurement Vocabulary (CPV)

Main Object: 75242110.

II.1.6) Contract covered by the Government Procurement Agreement(GPA)? No

II.2.1) Total final value of contract(s)

Value

OR Lowest Offer

AND Highest Offer to be taken into consideration

Currency

Including VAT

If yes, specify VAT rate(%)

SECTION IV: PROCEDURE

IV.1) TYPE OF PROCEDURE Restricted

IV.1.1) Justification for the choice of negotiated procedure without prior call for competition

In order to benefit from the time-limit referred to above, in addition to the box(es) to be ticked above, please explain in a clear and comprehensive manner why the award of the contract without prior publication of a contract notice in the Official Journal of the European Union is lawful, by stating any case the relevant facts and, as appropriate, the conclusions of law in accordance with the Articles in Directive 2004/18/EC (500 words maximum).

IV.2) AWARD CRITERIA B) The most economically advantageous tender in terms of:

B1) the criteria as stated below:

1) Proven record of customer satisfaction. Weighting: 30%.

2) Acceptable dispute process. Weighting: 30%.

3) Price. Weighting: 20%.

4) Previous experience in Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) collection. Weighting: 10%.

5) UK Local Government references or equivalent. Weighting: 10%.

In descending order of priority: No.

IV.2.2) An electronic auction has been used

IV.3) Administrative Information

VI.3.1) File reference number attributed by the contracting authority (if applicable)

IV.3.2) Previous publication concerning the same contract

IV.3.2.1) Other previous publications

Notice number in OJ:

Of

Notice number in OJ:

Of

Notice number in OJ:

Of

Notice number in OJ:

Of

SECTION V: AWARD OF CONTRACT

V.1) AWARD AND CONTRACT VALUE CONTRACT NO: 1

TITLE UK-Twickenham: Provision of Collection Services

V.1) DATE OF CONTRACT AWARD: 15/05/2008

V.2) NUMBER OF OFFERS RECEIVED: 17

V.3) Name and address of economic operator to whom the contract has been awarded

Official name: Equita Ltd, Postal Address: 42-44 Henry Street, Town: Northampton, Telephone: 01604 885566, E-Mail: [email protected], For the attention of: Stephen Brown, Postal code: NN1 4BZ, Country: UNITED KINGDOM, Fax: , Internet address (URL):

V.4) Information on value of contract

V.4.1) Initial estimated total value of the contract:

, currency: , Including VAT: Rate: %

V.4.2) Total final value of the contract:

Value:

OR Lowest offer:

/ highest offer:

Currency:

Including VAT: Rate: %

V.4.3) Annual or monthly value

Number of years OR Number of Months

V.5.1) Is the contract likely to be sub-contracted?

If yes, state value or proportion of the contract likely to be sub-contracted to third parties

Value (excluding VAT):

Currency:

Proportion (percentage):

Not known:NO

V.5.2) Short description of the value/proportion of the contract to be sub-contracted:

CONTRACT NO: 2

TITLE UK-Twickenham: Provision of Collection Services

V.1) DATE OF CONTRACT AWARD: 15/05/2008

V.2) NUMBER OF OFFERS RECEIVED: 17

V.3) Name and address of economic operator to whom the contract has been awarded

Official name: Lockstock Ltd T/A Davies Enforcement, Postal Address: 137-143 High Street, Town: Sutton Surrey, Telephone: 0845 4580217, E-Mail: [email protected], For the attention of: Karl Smith, Postal code: SM1 1JH, Country: UNITED KINGDOM, Fax: , Internet address (URL):

V.4) Information on value of contract

V.4.1) Initial estimated total value of the contract:

, currency: , Including VAT: Rate: %

V.4.2) Total final value of the contract:

Value:

OR Lowest offer:

/ highest offer:

Currency:

Including VAT: Rate: %

V.4.3) Annual or monthly value

Number of years OR Number of Months

V.5.1) Is the contract likely to be sub-contracted?

If yes, state value or proportion of the contract likely to be sub-contracted to third parties

Value (excluding VAT):

Currency:

Proportion (percentage):

Not known:NO

V.5.2) Short description of the value/proportion of the contract to be sub-contracted:

SECTION VI: COMPLEMENTARY INFORMATION

VI.1) CONTRACT RELATED TO A PROJECT AND/OR PROGRAMME FINANCED BY EU FUNDS?

If yes, reference to project(s) and/or programme(s):

VI.2) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (if applicable) GO reference: GO 08121035/01

VI.3.1) Body responsible for appeal procedures (if applicable)

Body responsible for mediation procedures (if applicable)

VI.3.2) Lodging of appeals (please fill heading VI.3.2 OR, if need be, heading VI.3.3)

VI.3.3) Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained

VI.4) DATE OF DISPATCH OF THIS NOTICE 10/12/2008

END OF NOTICE

Return to Buyer Profile

E-mail: [email protected] | Terms of us

to your personal download area. Please read the ORDERING GUIDE for detailed instructions.

For company filing history please scroll down the page.

Company Reports Order

Current Appointments Report

No report required

indicates that this document contains the latest Statement of Capital

Company Filing History Include Allotment of Shares

Type Date Description Order

GAZ2 02/12/2008 STRUCK OFF AND DISSOLVED

GAZ1 30/07/2008 FIRST GAZETTE

DISS6 30/10/2007 STRIKE-OFF ACTION SUSPENDED

GAZ1 21/08/2007 FIRST GAZETTE

363a 03/04/2006 RETURN MADE UP TO 16/03/06; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

288b 26/08/2005 DIRECTOR RESIGNED