Stevie T V Smile **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

We've paid about £100 in charges on our joing account to Smile, I wondered given that this is a relatively small amount whether anyone had had any success in getting this refunded by ringing them up?

Cheers and continued good luck to everyone!

Stevie T

Hi,

I spoke to Smile on the phone today and they certainly want to appear fair. I have had £100's taken in charges over the last 3 months due to going slightly over my agreed overdraft limit. I was offered £25 as a good will gesture. I don't see what is good about £25 as they took 4x that amount in returned item charges. No one can afford to make all their bill payments while losing vast amounts to their bank every month.

I would try to handle it by writing as its probably better to keep track of what is going on. If you are happy with a quick compromise, then a phone call will probably get some result with Smile.

• 2 months later...

Hi been along time since I posted on this one! We wrote the polite letter and followed up with the lba. Was thinking on Saturday that it's about time we started court action and... the letter from Smile was on the doorstep giving our cash back! So we win! only GBP75 but I'm not knocking it! It gives me faith in my silly money claim v Barclays, which is a bit more protracted!

Stick with it people we all win in the end!

Love Steve