Reply from HSBC re Bank Charges

Molokoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received the attached from HSBC and not sure what i should/could do next.

Can anyone give me any advice ?

Thanks

their letter is the usual dribble, we are awaiting new POC's so only advice to give at the moment is to hang on.

Or if your bored and want to write, you could write to them to say that although the case in question was won by the banks the Judge in paragraph 80 of his judgement indicated that they could be challenged for other reasons than "Value for money" and you believe that the way in which they have mislead you into believing that these charges were "Administrative costs" when they have now declared in the Supreme Court their true nature a "cross Subsidy of free if in credit banking". This is contrary to good faith (also section (5)(1) of the UTCCR) and that this is not excluded by section (6)(2)

Optional - so UP YOURS

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Nice Pete, very nice.

Did you get a reply??

Consider it stolen for future ref. ;)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya Lex, yes I did eventualy :rolleyes: just the normal this is our last response letter and here's the FOS complaints leaflet... with is a bit pointless when you have a court case about to roll again :D

I did copy the letter to the court too when I sent it and I think the court agree with me because I have now received an extension to my stay untill 30th November and basicaly inviting me to submit my revised particulars and ask for the stay to be set aside :).

So I think its a letter well worth sending in some format.

pete

Cheers bud,

Interesting that the courts seem to be getting back on side in some cases.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi Pete :)

I did copy the letter to the court too when I sent it and I think the court agree with me because I have now received an extension to my stay untill 30th November and basicaly inviting me to submit my revised particulars and ask for the stay to be set asidelink3.gif

That is very encouraging news mate , looks as if some courts are prepared to run with the arguments then ..

I hope more are prepared to follow suit without too much of an argument .:D..

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hello, I'm mike and just asking for some advice or guidance to my HSBC situation.

1. Asked for my HSBC charges, and posted the £10 postal order.

2. Had reply fairly quickly and they waived the £10 Fee returning my Postal order.

3. Charges came to £1900 over 6 year period.

4. Not sure how and where to go from Having this response from Bank.

5. Because I had my response 18th November 2008, Is it to late as Banks have won round one of the charges article.

6. Should I either go with what I have and goto small claims court or put in for a Fresh set of charges as since November 2008 I have been charged overdraft fee's .

7. HSBC now Notify me on all overdraft charges so therefore i assume that I cannot justify claiming for those under some legal issue as i am notified.

Many Thanks for you help.

Mike.

Sorry if this is in the Wrong forum area as i wasn't sure where to post .