Car Park accident, please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:!:I was involved in an accident in a gated school car park. I was backing straight out, nearly half way out of my spot, I stopped because children were getting out of the car to the side of me. A woman in a large Jeep was backed into a spot at a right angle to me. She tried to go around me and scraped my bumper from about mid point of the rear around to the drivers side corner. Her Jeep had a scratch from front tire to mid-point on passenger door. No vehicle had a dent, just scratches. I asked her shall we call the police, and she replied, "no, they never come to these things" After looking again at the "damage" we agree to fix our own. I asked to exchange details, and she was a bit nonchalant and said "sure we see each other every day." I wasn't comfortable leaving it like that so I insisted, she only gave name and phone number, so in turn I only gave her the same. I took my car to have it fixed. Four days later, she met me in the car park and said she had turned me into the police and I could give her my insurance details as the accident was my fault. I told her I did not belive it was my fault, and that I needed her details as well. She said the police will sort it, and left. My problem is it was my understanding that we were not going to take it to insurance as there was not a lot of damage, and foolishly I did not report it to the police, as I didn't feel it was a police matter. I don't know if I should call police and insurance now, or wait to see how it plays out.

gated or not its still public access.

you need/should of informed your insurers.

ask the school if they have cctv coverage.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, but whenever a third party is involved I believe that it is only sensible to advise your insurance company as you have to protect yourself from the very actions you are now experiencing.

I'm guessing that she has received a rather hefty quote for repairing the damage to her nice shiny jeep and is now trying to offload the blame.

Nonetheless, if nobody was injured then the Police won't be interested. Of course, in the mean time, the other driver may suddenly have experienced whip lash and you may also be facing a personal injury claim.

I honestly don't mean to sound harsh but you've paid your insurance premiums to deal with exactly this sort of mess and you need to contact them asap to inform them of the incident.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More