Secured loan at Welcome

silverrocket
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a secure loan with Welcome - taken out to improve my credit score. I have had no issues paying the monthly payment, and haven't missed a single one since taking out the loan.

After seeing the news about them on here I'm wondering if it's worth a punt at a F&F settlement?

The amount is about £15k, but like I say it is secured, and the equity is there in my house to cover it.

Advice?

I have a secure loan with Welcome - taken out to improve my credit score.why would you take out a 15 grand loan (secured) to improve your credit score???? I have had no issues paying the monthly payment, and haven't missed a single one since taking out the loan.

After seeing the news about them on here I'm wondering if it's worth a punt at a F&F settlement?

The amount is about £15k, but like I say it is secured, and the equity is there in my house to cover it.

Advice?

My advice is keep paying, and your credit score will be fine.

Because taking out credit, and repaying it without missing any payments shows a good credit history.

I realise that if I continue paying my credit score will be fine, nowhere did I ask that. I asked for advice on whether a F&F would be considered by them.

Why post a useless response?

I would say if you are in a position to offer one go for it the worst they would can say is no thanks we want x amount

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Many thanks for your input.

Any ideas on percentage?

Does anyone have the contact address and phone number for Welcome?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/247673-offering-short-settlments.html

Hi have a look there to see what might be acceptable, like I say in the post there needs to be some "Science" behind the numbers, for example if you said that you can only borrow £XX or you have already paid back £XX.

I wouldn't mention the fact that they are desperate for cash as they might think badly of your approach and decline it, just ask, give reasons and I'm sure they will play ball!

Address or contact details depend on where you are in the Welcome machine, if you have a local branch that could be your best bet.

A central number is 0800 588 4019 but you should write your offer into them, I would suggest writing to the compliance team:

Welcome Finance

Ruddington Fields

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

good advice again major :)

silver i had a letter offering a 35% discount on my unsecured loan this wk

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Dont think you are rude at all yes we have missed some payments on the loan cant remember how many off the top of my head but i would guess around 6ish plus the ones since its been in dispute and with the fos

Best of luck :)