Barclaycard Visa & Mastercard from 1991

Hangus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am about to send off CCA requests to Barclaycard tomorrow for a Visa and a MasterCard which I have held since 1991.

Has anyone got any experience of sending them a CCA request for credit cards that old?

What sort of reply should I expect back from them?

Thanks,

Hangus.

If you read through other posts, Barclaycard are sending generic made up agreements as rumour has it that up to a few years ago, they destoyed all the original agreements. Only poor microfiche copies available for some and not all pages.

When you chase for actual copies of agreements or make a subject access request, they will not ever admit they can't produce an enforceable agreement.

Eventually if you were in a default position they would hassle you, wreck your credit record, then sell on to DCA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the question must be asked why are you doubting the cca when you have had/used the card for 20yrs?

what are you trying to do?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your replies, Pinky69 & unclebulgaria67,

dx100uk,

My financial circumstances have significantly took a turn for the worse.

Asked all of my creditors to accept reduced payments but Barclaycard wouldn't agree.

My current account is with Barclays, so didn't want to pursue it any further with them and have been struggling on to try and meet my standard monthly payment with them.

Got to the point now where I simply cannot afford to do that anymore. Therefore I have set up a simple "parachute" account elsewhere, and thats why I am now sending them a CCA request.

Was just trying to get some advice from anybody else with a Barclaycard account this old?

no thats ok,

dont forget, sadly, BC dont issue CCA returns anyhow, its above them!

you might find it useful to gen up on them, there is a barclaycard forum too.

might also be an idea to hit the red triangle and request this thread is moved there as well.

now on the CCA front, it wont really help you, there is too much crap proported by these reclaim co's that an unenforceable CCA gets debt written off...it doesn't.

have you looked at reclaiming PPI & all the unlawfull charges you must have, that should ease things a bit.

as for them not accepting you token payments...simple DON'T ASK THEM...TELL THEM!

its your money, take control, don't let them control you.

write TELLING THEM, that as a goodwill gesture, due to severe financial difficulties, they will only be getting £XX for XX mts, then pay it by internet banking using the details on the back of the bill. BUT YOU MUST KEEP DOING IT WITHOUT FAIL.

ask them as a goodwill gesture in return, to freeze all interest & charges to help you in your time of need too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...