UK CPS Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got another letter from Court Proceedings Ltd:

"FINAL NOTICE BEFORE COUNTY COURT ACTION

As you have not taken up our recent offer of paying £95.00 we hereby give you notice that no further reminders will be issued.

Your non payment will now result in the immediate commencement of County Court action which could result in judgement against you and considerably higher financial losses, reducing your chance of obtaining credit or a mortgage.

You are reminded that a typical breakdown of costs will be at least:-

Original amount £100.00

Preperation os court papers £50.00

Court and Hearing Costs £50.00

Expenses £125.00

Total £325.00"

If they do take me to court, can anyone tell me how I'd defend against this please? I have absolutely no legal experience.

You are starting to fall for the [problem], they wont go anywhere near a court.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just come across this site...wish i had found it earlier! Basically i have received a PCN from UK CPS as they said i left the retail park site. I was only gone for 10 minutes and came back to find a nice £60 fine! Straight away i called the number and said that it was crazy as i had just run into shop across the road and that i hadn’t seen the signs ( which i hadn’t) I was told that my penalty notice was not on their system yet so would have to call back in a few days.

I then ignored them and received a few letters saying the charge has gone up etc, but then i wrote back to them saying that i was unaware that leaving the site would result in a fine and that i even returned and shopped at the shops in the retail park.

They then wrote back and said i was parked in a disabled space!!! So i replied to this letter with a copy of my parking notice and asked why they were now saying i was parked in a disabled space? They came back to me saying the charge still stands and it’s to be paid immediately.........don’t know where i should go from here? Should i just ignore them now or is it too late as i have already written to them? Help!!

Hi, just come across this site...wish i had found it earlier! Basically i have received a PCN from UK CPS as they said i left the retail park site. I was only gone for 10 minutes and came back to find a nice £60 fine! Straight away i called the number and said that it was crazy as i had just run into shop across the road and that i hadn’t seen the signs ( which i hadn’t) I was told that my penalty notice was not on their system yet so would have to call back in a few days.

I then ignored them and received a few letters saying the charge has gone up etc, but then i wrote back to them saying that i was unaware that leaving the site would result in a fine and that i even returned and shopped at the shops in the retail park.

They then wrote back and said i was parked in a disabled space!!! So i replied to this letter with a copy of my parking notice and asked why they were now saying i was parked in a disabled space? They came back to me saying the charge still stands and it’s to be paid immediately.........don’t know where i should go from here? Should i just ignore them now or is it too late as i have already written to them? Help!!

Yes, just ignore them and don't communicate with them again. And, by the way, it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

Thanks for the quick reply, Do they ever actually take you to court?

Some do, some don't it is a gamble for the ppc who don't really fancy their own chances in court so they try to frighten the money out of you instead.

regards

Guest GraceCourt
Some people could even be fooled into thinking that "UKCPS" stands for "UK Crown Prosecution Service".

And that is even more evidence about just how stupid these people are for choosing that title... there is no such thing as the "UK Crown Prosecution Service". In Scotland, which has (and always has had) its own completely separate criminal and civil legal system, criminal cases are prosecuted on behalf of the Crown by the "Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service" (COPFS). The Crown Prosecution Service exists only in England and Wales.

• 5 months later...

Good news. As advised by the wonderful people on this site, I still have not heard anything back after the 3 previous letters from the made up Court Proceedings company!

Thank you all very much. 8-)

I've recommended this site to all my friends.

Good news. As advised by the wonderful people on this site, I still have not heard anything back after the 3 previous letters from the made up Court Proceedings company!

Thank you all very much. 8-)

I've recommended this site to all my friends.

Let us remind ourselves what they threatened to do to you last September:-

"Your non payment will now result in the immediate commencement of County Court action"

And what actually happened - a big fat nothing. This is becuase you refused to play along with their sordid little game. Well done!

• 6 months later...

My wife just got a ticket from these clowns in a Retail Park.

She is disabled, driving a Motability car, parked in a disabled bay, and displaying a Blue Badge.

Unfortunately, the Blue Badge expired a few days ago and we hadn't realised.

My concern is that, the car is registered to Motability and not us, and all correspondence from CPS is likely to go to the Motability office.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Guest GraceCourt
My wife just got a ticket from these clowns in a Retail Park.

She is disabled, driving a Motability car, parked in a disabled bay, and displaying a Blue Badge.

Unfortunately, the Blue Badge expired a few days ago and we hadn't realised.

My concern is that, the car is registered to Motability and not us, and all correspondence from CPS is likely to go to the Motability office.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Hi Flyingspanner,

If this "ticket" was a Penalty Charge Notice ("PCN") issued by a local authority, then there would be a bit of a headache for you in chasing around for the paperwork in order to prevent future problems, e.g. to appeal to the local authority and to provide evidence of your wife's disability. In those circumstances, with a little diligence on your part, the Council would review the matter and almost certainly cancel the PCN. This would be important, because an unpaid PCN can be registered, with a 50% uplift added, as an unpaid fine at the local Magistrates' Court.

OK? But this ticket is NOT a PCN and - as you have hopefully learned on this site - it is completely unenforceable except as a civil debt, and even then, in these circumstances, there is no conceivable circumstance in which a County Court District Judge would consider that your wife was liable to make payment! DO NOT PAY, and DO NOT ENTER INTO CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PARKING COMPANY! Please take time to read the postings on this site, especially the experiences of (a) those who are bullied and threatened into paying, and (b) those who have heeded the wise counsel here and ignored the "threatograms" from these parasites.

If you do get to the point where you feel you need to do something, post again on here (without identifying details), and you will receive plenty of detailed advice. But doing nothing and binning any correspondence is in essence the right thing to do.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd give everyone an update.

It's been 2 years in a few weeks since I started this thread and I still haven't paid a penny or had a summons.

I'd just like to thank everyone on this site for their brilliant advice and encouragement.

So, THANK YOU.

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Just thought I'd give everyone an update.

It's been 2 years in a few weeks since I started this thread and I still haven't paid a penny or had a summons.

You mean the debt collectors never showed? What about all those final demands? Surely they took you too court as threatened?

You mean it was all bluff and nothing ever came from it? having had 35 of these begging invoices over the years, nothing has happened to me either.

I'd just like to thank everyone on this site for their brilliant advice and encouragement.

So, THANK YOU.

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Thanks for the update.

regards

This so reminds me of the ACS Law cases, which they invoiced thousands of people making Millions of pounds by threatening to take people to Court. When they had their hand forced they took several to Court, were made to look fools and the Company folded.Do what I do, return them to sender. They'll get the message