Amendment to charging order

Oddfellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As you may have read from my other post (any more help with that greatly appreciated, by the way), we had a judgement against us from a brewery, which resulted in a charging order on our property. They initially made an application for an interim charging order resulting from a default judgement (IMHO they had not taken ANY steps to find our current address before the case), but we then fought the case (my lovely partner defending herself and having a Temple barrister on the ropes!!!), got a substantial element set aside, which they then dropped cos they knew they couldn't win.

The judge also ordered the charging order to be amended and made final, in respect of this substantially reduced sum.

I have just checked our title register, and it refers to the INTERIM charging order, which will be for about 16K more than the final order.

What is the quickest legal avenue to get this changed?

Write to the court, checking that they sent the order?

Write to the Land Registry with the copy of the judgement?

Write to the other side's solicitors demanding they rectify it?

Anything else??

MANY thanks in advance

OF

When did all this happen? The wheels of justice sometimes very slowly.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi Palomino

The final judgement was last June sometime. Surely it shouldn't take THAT long?!

The other issue is whether a conveyancing solicitor will get access to the judgement docs, or whether they will just contact the creditor to ask how much the judgement was for. Not sure WE ever got any confirmation of final charging order from Court OR the Land Registry.

Cheers

Ian