cabot AGAIN

sonic140
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

starting new thread as case has changed

just got paperwork from Cabot. Pages and pages of blacked out info. Did find out its not S.B.-gutted. Checked old statements to confirm. Last payment FEB 2005. They have been charging 12% interest and the debt has gone from £6000 to over £9000. Can they do this ? Can I ask court to freeze interest. Also they say they sent me 10 letters but as I wasnt living at the address and my ex returned all my mail until my son opened court summons. (he has same name)They are charging for all letters too. any help much appreciated:idea:

(this is past alloc stage. Have sent cprs 31 and 18. and the above blacked out info is whats been sent by cabot)

Edited by sonic140
extra info

cabot have added to my account as well, though they did back down when i pointed out to them i have no contract with them..reading your thread i take it that they have issued court papers? if so, you must defend..i am pretty sure these charges they have put on are rubbish and i dont believe them to be legal, the court would freeze the interest if they found in cabots favour, however, these scumbags must be stopped at the first hurdle..defend at all costs, if they have blacked out info why?

Scan it and post it on here using photobucket or similar, just make sure you remove all Id, names adresses, bar codes ref. numbers etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ok will do. there are pages and pages of blacked out stuff. dont kno what thats about. scanner playing up but will try and find most relevant bits and put it on here.

Will i be able to claim charges from the this as it was a credit card?:D

Was this in reply to a SAR? All the paper work?

Or simply a CCA request?

If it's the former then all you need to scan and load up is the Credit agreement, should have the T&C's and signature box, info about interest rates etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

cant find prevoius thread- cabot AGAIN.

Am at present at the stage where case with cabot has ben allocated to Fast track. Got paperwork from cabot. 50 pages mostly blacked out. got 6 months statements and a copy of an agreement I signed (its got signature form at top and is about one third the size of A4 and I can just make out something about cca1974 and another sheet with Financial and Regulated conditions as the title). Both are unreadable! The rest is just pages of stuff with marker pen thru it except at the end where they have left a bit saying they were going to attempt to get a charging order.

Dont know what to do. Should I try and agree to make payments (£60 pm is all I can afford) or will I have to go to court and they get a charging order.

Am getting really worried now. Any help appreciated:cry::Cry::cry:

they cannot get a charging order until the following conditions have been met

they obtain a ccj in court

you are given by the court an amount you have to pay each week/month

you default on this

then and only then can they apply for a charge order

Scan the documents to a jpeg file & save to 'My Documents'. Go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting & left click 'Choose', another page will open listing folders in your computer. Double left click 'My Documents' & left click the file you want to upload. Left click 'Open', the box will close then left click 'Upload Now' on the webpage. The page will refresh giving a list of options, copy the URL & paste it back here. Left click 'Post Quick Reply' & voila your agreement will appear "just like that" as Tommy Cooper would say.

Hi debt4get

RE Charging Order

I know what your saying but I have a charging order already from Natwest and they got it because the judge said the company needed to get their money. I was paying £70 pm on a £14000 debt Shoosmiths went straight for a CO as soon as the judgement and payment agreement was made. never sent DD or SO forms despite requests from me, never cashed chqs sent on time. Judge refused to listen to anything I had to say at court. Granted CO and told me Natwest were entitled to their money and I have to pay £300 pm !!

What a joke! It might aswell be printed in Latin, send them the following, stop any payments, and hope they show this evidence to the courts..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

They sent about 50 pgs of stuff. The first few were in response to my cpr31 and 18, then the two pgs I uploaded, 6 months of statements and then about 30 pgs of blacked out writing . then at the end a few pgs of 'history' ie were they sent me assignment (to old address) and were they are hoping to go for a CO etc.

will send of that letter.

Once again thanks to all for help and support. now have fewer sleepless nights:wink: