gardx con by welcome

essexboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that appears to be the case the very same is on my agreement and it was never mentioned i only looked at it properly because of this thread

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

That is what gardx is but whether they actually use it or not....it certainly wasnt on our car there is a section on the room where the lacquer was off so that obviously hadnt been treated with anything and I know some ppl had some bottles and rags from gardx but we had nothing and nothing was mentioned about gardx at all

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Yes, I received the bottles and rags but I was told nothing about how it works and that further purchases needed to be made. I assumed it was a lifetime protection for the car! Not some kind of insurance against nuclear fallout lol!

just another con by welcome eh!

a very good point coz unless it was sat in the showroom with it on nothing was applied to ours it went from showroom, round the block, bk to back car park then home with us

• 2 weeks later...

i was given nothing at the showroom at all only the keys! no service book nothing how id go about proving that though i dont know

I have done some research on GardX and it is a 2 part paint protector that SHOULD have been applied by the dealer. It costs approx £20 from ebay for the DIY kit and takes about 4 hours to apply. Once applied, your paintwork is guaranteed for 8 years providing a conserver is applied once a month, this is given in the 'freebie' kit. GardX is sold at dealers for £299 this includes an interior protection too.

Edited by jackst01

"its not applied to the vehicle prior to sale it is for you to apply on a monthly basis and purchase annually to preserve the warranty according to gardx"

I was given kit at point of sale and am looking to see if its on my SAR when it comes back (Nov and waiting). Also after a year I had a rqst from Gardex asking me to renew....looking for letter - but think I put it in the bin.

If this was added to the cost of the car and commision paid to Gardex or we were not told it was part of the sale and thus we would pay interest on it (work out how much that has cost us!!)then it must be some good amo for us to us..ie undisclosed commision? Also brought car -did lap around the block and then came home with it.....so couldnt have been done in showroom.

that was my take on it

i have foolishly purchased two cars from welcome one both came with car kits the first does not have inc gx on agreement the second one does

so i dont believe it is applied by the dealer and is soley responsible for the purchaser to apply on a monthly basis and as long as you purchase the conserver once a year

i did not get a request from gardx but then they still have not recognised that i have a warranty either

essexboy

I have done some research on GardX and it is a 2 part paint protector that SHOULD have been applied by the dealer. It costs approx £20 from ebay for the DIY kit and takes about 4 hours to apply. Once applied, your paintwork is guaranteed for 8 years providing a conserver is applied once a month, this is given in the 'freebie' kit. GardX is sold at dealers for £299 this includes an interior protection too.

thanks jack ill add it to my list of crap ;)

Think that this may be of help to most of us who have brought a car from our dear friends.

Need to do a survey me thinks.

Need someone who has had the SAR back showing this has been sold as part of the cars purchase price without them being told its added in. I am thinking along the lines of the mis-sold PPI -insurances etc., if its part of the deal and we are not told about it and then 3 or 4 years interest is charged on it - what the **** is it costing us - thousands - so think we need someone with a bit more experience to take this on......not being rude to u as I know you are all a great help but I think this is very important.

• 3 weeks later...

thats abit cr*p isnt it least they could do is acknowledge!

rang trading standards

told me they were refering it to a office that is local to where the offence took place

he said he rang the office to say he was sending over the paperwork and he said he was told they new about gardx and had someone who had dealings with them before

essexboy