style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong but I understood bailiff only calls if you have a CCJ and dont keep up the payments that the court instructs you to pay.

I assume you have been threatened with a visit.

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Yea its not for me its for a guy who uses address as base while he works away.Its for a moneyshop debt and i assume ccj was issued as carters have put a warrent umber on the letter.

Im not lettin them in im quite strong that way but just wondered what his baboons were like?

I take it this is the same case as your other thread?

As a CCJ has been obtained by default and the court order remains unpaid, Carter has applied for a warrant of execution and the bailiffs from the County Court will call to establish if payment can be made or goods removed. County Court bailiffs are usually pretty easy to deal with, the are employed by HMCS and are salaried so they aren't dependent on getting large fees for their living.

I suggested on your other thread that you complete a Statutory Demand and have it witnessed so you can either take a copy to the court so they can return the warrant to Carter, or hand the bailiff a copy through a window if he calls. Have you done the SD yet?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I take it this is the same case as your other thread?

As a CCJ has been obtained by default and the court order remains unpaid, Carter has applied for a warrant of execution and the bailiffs from the County Court will call to establish if payment can be made or goods removed.

I suggested on your other thread that you complete a Statutory Demand and have it witnessed so you can either take a copy to the court so they can return the warrant to Carter, or hand the bailiff a copy through a window if he calls. Have you done the SD yet?

Yes its me and yes i will do a SD but i was just wondering what his monkeys are like :D

They're not his monkeys (thankfully!:D), the are employed by the court and are usually pretty easy to deal with, especially if the debt isn't yours.

Probably be a good idea to have a photocopy of your passport and proof the property belongs to you if they do call. You should take the SD, passport and property details to the court before the bailiffs call really, it would save any hassle.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It would have been transferred to a court near for him so much stuff comes from Northampton.

As long as you get your proof together everything should be ok. You cant be blamed for anything as its nothing to do with you and as above you should ideally do this before they call.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

The court is Northampton which is around 200 miles from where I live so my friend was hardly gonna travel all the way up there to begin with :D

If Carter has applied for a warrant then it will be executed by a bailiff from your local county court - they wouldn't send one from Northampton - it's only a bulk court claim processing centre, claims are only processed by a human being if they are defended. Everything else is automated which is why Carter and his ilk like it !

• 1 year later...

Was the whole amount of the CCJ paid off?

ok heres the thing because it was over a year ago we have no paperwork only the receipts from the court.When the final amount was paid the court was asked is that it all paid to which they replied yes(the loan amount was paid off nothing more was mentioned about costs).I take it as the payments were made to the local court a CCJ WAS issued and therefore costs would have been added?Last letter that BC sent before xmas said the payments they are now chasing was for warrants issued but today they are saying its for judgement costs?

If you have the receipts from the court they should have the case number on them - ring the court and ask them if there was anything outstanding.