nationwide have suggested I find alternative banking facilities

fox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this particular but have been claiming penalty charges back with help from another similar site.

I have recently sent a letter to Nationwide asking for my penalty charges to be refunded and they have said no their charges are in their terms and conditions and if I am not willing to accept their terms and conditions I should look for alternative banking facilities. I have filed a court claim (17th August) which they have acknowledged and I am just waiting now to see what happens. Having read through a few other threads it seems that they will close my account - but do they give any notice of this and give you time to sort alternative banking out

They should give you at least 30 days

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Thankyou for your reply, it is reassuring to know I will have a bit of time - I do have other accounts that I can use so I am not bothered other than the messing about changing everything over DDs salary etc

It can be a pain, which of course the banks do nothing to help with - why would they? but in the long run, why would you stay with a bank that thinks it can help itself to YOUR money?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Hagen-uk

Is there any bank which won't help itself to our money??????????

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Not that I am aware of, no. They are all as thick as thieves!

I sincerely hope that when this is finally out in the open further action against these companies can be taken for subjecting so many people to disgraceful acts such as closing accounts down.

This is their doing not the customers and they should really be taken to task over it.

I get sick in the stomach reading here about the way everyone is being made to fight like hell for something which is blatantly unlawful. HOW can they just keep getting away with it?

Ronny Biggs was on the run for years - what's the difference? Theres going to be a lot of bankers in Rio soon! :grin:

Sorry to hijack your thread FOX but seeing your thread makes me really angry that the banks have the audacity to keep on and on and on putting people through this when they know they are wrong.

hi yes I know they make me really angry and upset

I got another letter from them today tellin me the same thing that they have investigated and their charges are fair transparent etc and if I cannot agree to their terms and conditions now is a good time to look for alternative banking facilities - the cheeky so and so's

They have also sent me the banking ombudsmans leaflet

Thing is I have already filed online claim (14th August) and they have acknowledged it so we will wait and see what happens next

I got another letter from them today tellin me the same thing that they have investigated and their charges are fair transparent etc and if I cannot agree to their terms and conditions now is a good time to look for alternative banking facilities - the cheeky so and so's

Why the hell do they bother sending these letters out, wasting paper and postage when they know damn well that this only activates the LBA? They keep trying to rely on T & c's thinking this fob off will work like it used to - well 60,000 peolpe just won't let them get away with it anymore !!!! :-x We are on to them and they should realise this. I'd better get off I'm getting angrier.

I got the court document thro today telling me the claim has been served and N'wide intend to defend in full - not scared this is what co-op bank said when I claimed against them and 4 days later they settled in full inc interest and costs - bring it on Nationwide

You're right not to be scared, they should cough up any day. But they will close your account (they did mine) so make sure everything's transferred over. Good luck!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Got my refund plus interest and costs almost £1000 in total and guess what 30 days notice to close my account and if I try to use it after 30 days they will take court action against me for fraud - can you believe that the cheeky so and so's

Am I bovvered - definitely not I have another accouint I can use and I am almost a grand richer so Nwide can get lost

Well done on getting your money back :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

What Nationwide doesn't seem to realise is that they had a better reputation than the other banks, but they have proved to be more difficult in returning monies (I'm still waiting for defence of court claim).

They are making it a standard practice to close all accounts of those who claim against them whereas other banks are not taking this blanket approach.

Don't these people realise that they are causing their reputation irreparable damage with existing & potential customers alike? The arrogance of banks is indicative of the "f*** the little man" mentality large corporations have towards us consumers.

Sod em all!