Tax credit appointment

busybee30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help,

I have just called the hmrc helpline to ask them to send me forms for child tax credit and working tax credit. She said for security reason you need to come to the office for an appointment. I answered all her security questions so i dont understand why i have to see them. The only thing i have ever claimed for is child benefit which was 4 months ago and i get £20 a week. Why do they need to see me. she did say they work with that company experion credit. If i owed money from loans is that why they want to see me.

thanks in advance.

To be honest busybee it could be anything. Sometimes if you fail the security two more times in one go OR the helpline advisor put wrong answer (typo mistake) OR someone (pretending to be you) rang TC in past and failed the security and the put the note on your account etc. There is no problem seeing somebody in their local office.

Sorry I dont know why she mentioned about Experian. I dont see any reason why would they say something about your loans. May be there is something I dont know - but I never came across something like this before.

It was tax credit helpline - wasn't it?

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.

Hi thanks for the reply.

At first she said for security reasons, she asked my address and d.o.b and where i worked, she said it was all fine, but she couldnt give me the forms, they would calll me back in two days to arrange a time when i can go there for an interview. She said they worked along side experion for data reasons.

Sorry I dont know why she mentioned about Experian. I dont see any reason why would they say something about your loans. May be there is something I dont know - but I never came across something like this before.

It was tax credit helpline - wasn't it?

Tax credits new security measures, they get info from experian now aswell as your NI DOB address etc.

Hi thanks for the reply.

At first she said for security reasons, she asked my address and d.o.b and where i worked, she said it was all fine, but she couldnt give me the forms, they would calll me back in two days to arrange a time when i can go there for an interview. She said they worked along side experion for data reasons.

I wouldn't panic to be honest :) it will just be a security check, the new security questions they ask for example can you tell me who you have a loan/credit card with is all that they hqave access to, they can't tell if you have any outstanding debt etc.