Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


26 Excellent

1 Follower

  1. Thanks for the advice dx. I'll do this first thing on Tuesday morning. I was just worried they wont care about what I am gonna ask them as read about people's experience with other sofa stores. Thanks again.
  2. Hi there Apologies if someone had already posted and got replies for same issue. Few days ago I went to local CSL sofa store. After a little search I chose a four-seated sofa and asked the salesman to help me with the sale. I was told that the sofa is on 50% sale and the delivery is free. The salesman also told me that I would need to buy the 5 year Sofa Shield cover for £160 (any damage) which was optional. I was given the impression that was the only way to get the sofa warranty for 5 years. So I decided to buy the sofa with the damage cover and signed the 4 year no interest agreement. Couple of days ago I received an email from CSL telling me that my sofa will be delivered in next few days and I can check my order status on CSL website by signing in to 'My Account' link. So I logged in to CSL and discovered that the offer already included FREE 5 years guarantee and also on the top of that I 'chose' to buy additional cover (Sofa Shield). Actually I was never told by the salesman that the original price already included free 5 years warranty of any structural damage. I am just wondering if the 5 years warranty was part of the actual sofa price why I was pushed to buy the additional cover. I still await the delivery of the sofa but I really want to cancel this additional cover which I dont need. I understand that I have signed the agreement and if I ring CSL they would not listen to me. Is there anything I could do to cancel the cover but still buy the sofa? I feel like I was kept in dark about the FREE 5 YEARS warranty and pushed to buy the Sofa Shield cover. Many thanks in advance. Adam
  3. *****UPDATE***** The Home Access programme has experienced high demand, grants have been limited and are awarded on a first come first service basis, due to the level of demand the programme application have now been restricted for disabled children. You can listen to the recorded message on their application line 0333 200 1004. BECTA is gone toooooo :'(
  4. Shannon trust me you wont get sacked for this - Brilliant advice. I really wish everyone in TCO is like you.
  5. oldhag2010 do you mean 'walk in shower'. You can certainly ask your council's adults social care service provided they send an assesser to check your need.
  6. while examining the person, during the assessment, the doctor or health professional dont actually know whether the claimant'll be awarded the benefit. It the decision maker who plays with the numbers and decides people's fate. That's why almost 60% of the claimants who appeal the initial decision get the benefit awarded after the tribunal.
  7. Rae Like Michael Jackson said 'This is it'. Yes Rae my Dear 'This is it'.
  8. smithy have you actually filled TC846 form to dispute with the overpayment. Before you appeal you have to dispute with the O/P. Though you have been told that your case is with HO but let me tell you if you don't keep the paperwork right you are giving them a reason to come back with same decision. Please send TC846 asap so they cant say in future that you never disputed. You can download TC846 from here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc846.pdf
  9. sarahella - sorry to know about your son's condition. Can you get a letter from your doctor(s) about your son's illness. Make sure you take such letter along with other reports, list of medication etc to the Tribunal. Or you can discuss your case with CAB or welfare rights who may decide to represent you at the tribunal. All the best
  10. Melissa Viney asks if the new benefit testing penalise genuinely ill people | Society | The Guardian 70% of the claimants who attended LCWAs (ATOS assessment) failed to score required 15 points.
  11. Thunderbolt Sorry to know that you were feeling well. I really wish you all the best of your health. Before you go and see your advisor, have a look at the list of descriptors and the points awarded/not awarded to each relevant descriptor. It would help you and your advisor how to start looking in to your appeal. You can find that list in your appeal documents.
  12. If you think you were never been overpaid in 2004-05 and you provided them all the correct info then you can dispute with it by filling TC846 here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc846.pdf and ask them to justify their demand of £300. Don't forget to put why you think it isn't an overpaymet. Good Advice - you can only appeal if you've already disputed the overpayment (TC846) and the outcome of dispute was not favourable.
  • Create New...