Do i get any other help.??

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been unemployed since late July 2009 and have just been offered a job for 20hrs a week and i will get £140 before tax etc...

I went onto "entitled to" to find out how much rent and council tax i am expected to pay on that wage and i am left with exactly £72 a week ..£8 more than my benefit???

Surely that cant be right?

Unfortunatly i fall into the category where i have no young children no partner so everything i earn goes on trying to keep the roof over my head on my own!

My gas and electric are £35 a week Water is £10 dosnt leave a lot does it..As it is i go to my daughters to have a meal as i cant afford to buy food everyday,its humiliating:(

I dont smoke drink or go out anywhere and was hoping after trying really hard to secure a job i would be a little bit better off.....

I thought as i was over 50,52 to be exact, i would qualify for WTC and the £100 back to work grant as i had been off work of 6 months.And i thought they would give me a months grace on the rent and council tax,,especially as i will be paid monthly.But was told i wouldnt get anything because i had a period on JSA then a period on ESA,after a back injury and now back on JSA.... I though any benefit counted to make up the 6 months........

Obviously i am going to take it and work for nothing ,i dont have a choice but wheres the incentive....

Just feel really sick after all the months of looking and telling myself things would get better i realise this is as good as it gets !!!

Hi Tillysocute

congratulations on the new job :)

If you have been on benefits for the last twenty six weeks and the claims link, there cant be a days break, then yes you are entitled to the job grant and housing benefit run on,

It doesnt matter if you have been on three benefits eg ESA JSA I.S for the last twenty six weeks as long as your claims have had no breaks in them

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/outofworkhelplookingforwork/Getting_job_ready/Programmes_to_get_you_ready/New_Deal/New_Deal_50_plus/index.html

-

you should be entitled to WTC for the over 50s check out their site

also you may get income based housing benefit, go to your local council site there will be a calculator

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

Thankyou for your reply...

I have just routed out all my letters and i have found them all ...relating to start dates of benefit..I was awarded jsa intially on 27th July 2009 so i am just in the 6 months by the skin of my teeth.. As i dont start job until 7th feb...Thankgod for that it makes a whole heap of difference to me.