style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, firstly big thank you to hallowitch who explained how to make new threads!

Here's my question.

My brother has slight learning difficulties, I've always taken care of him, made sure bills were paid etc.

He phoned me last night bit upset, that on his wage slip £6 was taken out & it said HMCS caps.

I have no idea what this is for, nor does he.

I'm a bit annoyed as he was really upset by this, £6 may not seem like a lot but due to my brother disabilities it may as well be a £600, he doesn't understand.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Hi, firstly big thank you to hallowitch who explained how to make new threads!

Here's my question.

My brother has slight learning difficulties, I've always taken care of him, made sure bills were paid etc.

He phoned me last night bit upset, that on his wage slip £6 was taken out & it said HMCS caps.

I have no idea what this is for, nor does he.

I'm a bit annoyed as he was really upset by this, £6 may not seem like a lot but due to my brother disabilities it may as well be a £600, he doesn't understand.

Anyone shed some light on this?

It would appear he has some type of County Court judgment against him and it has been ordered to pay by Attachment of Earnings, you can read more here - Info about - County Court Bulk Centre - Centralised Attachement of Earnings

It may also pay to ask his employer where this has come from if he has no knowledge as the originating order should at least have a Court Name & Case on it.

Come back and let us know please.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks both.

He asked his boss & he wasn't sure either.

???? They are the ones that have done this so they must have had some type of authorisation!!

I'll check out the link & get on the phone!

Will let you know what's going on!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not the CSA is it, they have a habit of doing this without prior knowledge to the debtor, could it be a mistake by chance.

Not sure, he does have a little girl but is on great terms with her mother & more than pays his way.

Any CSA Deductions from bank acccounts will be marked as CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY or CSA or DWP or Department of Works and Pensions.

For this particular question, the answer is as follows:

Bulk Centre

A brief snippet:

Payment of CAPS Attachment of Earnings Orders by BACS

CAPS now have the facility to accept payments on our attachment of earnings orders by BACS (Bank Automated Clearing System). To pay by BACS, we require the employer to transfer payments directly into our bank account. This is done by first completing a BACS Registration Form and returning it to CAPS (either by post or e-mail to [email protected]). This is done so that we have the employer’s bank details and also to notify us that the employer will commence paying by BACS. The employer must then complete a Bank Payment Request Form and forward this to their bank on each occasion that a payment to CAPS is to be made.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN MAKING PAYMENTS BY BACS

Individual payments (i.e. one amount for one order) - please always quote the following information when sending a payment:

* The correct company name as the remitter's name (field 9)

* The CAPS case number in the remitter's reference (field 10)

Various payments (a number of orders in one transaction) - please always quote the following information when sending these payments:

* Quote 'Various' as the remitter's reference

* Provide a written schedule. Please include the following on the schedule in order for your payments to be allocated promptly:

* Total amount sent

* Payment date

* Breakdown of individual case numbers with defendant names

* How much to allocate to each case

For the rest see the link