Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It freaks them out because they think they are hidden from the public.

Thats why they make threats from behind the safe haven of a telephone.

They are not just a PO Box number anymore..!!

Ok I saw a template to send debt collectors I'll post it up later and I too thought the fax guy was amusing :D pay back time that's how they get to people I can understand it.

Raj4u write down the time of every call and answer them and ask the name write it beside the call try saying what lowdown suggested about telling them you'll report to FOS after each and every future call.

Hope they do what they say Coventry and give you a break.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found some contact details for Mercers on the CSA members website including an email address for a Mr.S.Bohanna who i will assume is the head honcho?

As these details are freely available on the CSA website I thought I'd post them here so any of you guerilla types can do with them what you please. ;):D (re; fax guy.)

[email protected]

0151 4732528

p.o. box 28

6th floor

Liverpool

L32 8UY

or as Lowdown posted earlier

Barclaycard

Norwich way

Kirkby

Merseyside

L32 8UY

This is a good link bluedo. I particularly like the wording of the letters, i will be using one of them me thinks. Do you reckon sending a copy of each letter to both the Glasgow BPF address AND the Mercer's address? I know what I really want to send them but they'd be able to get my DNA off it! :eek::D

Ha! Got another Voicemail message off them whilst I was on the phone. The woman sounded quite annoyed in her robotic call Barclays Partner Finance on 0844........ Funny thing was the call came from an 0151 number so I know its mercers. Also received a text saying call BPF. So in the space of 16 hours I've had 3 calls and 1 text of them. lol

This is a good link bluedo. I particularly like the wording of the letters, i will be using one of them me thinks. Do you reckon sending a copy of each letter to both the Glasgow BPF address AND the Mercer's address? I know what I really want to send them but they'd be able to get my DNA off it! :eek::D

:D heh heh Me too I know what I'd send them lol.

All this info is good to have in our back pocket if in the future any of us find ourself in a predicament.

I just had a call at 1.15pm 0151 number guy says we just want to help so I said harassment is not helping anyone he said sorry and he'll get the calls on hold at 1.19pm another call (calls on hold didn't last long) forgot to ask name told the speil about recording the calls and will be reporting to Fos on a call by call basis and we are taking legal advice and said I knew they were Mercers, No she says we are BPF and she is phoning from a 0844 811 9110

I said no your phoning from 0151 471 1776 and you're Mercers I repeated what I am going to do and I will check this again she said ok then.

Don't they know their own phone number?? what are they playing at?

The 0151 is mercers, the only catch is Barclays dont seem to have given them the full facts. They rung me yesterday and I spoke to a women forgot her name, she told me the only details she can see was my account went on hold back in march, she even checked their other system, nothing else was on her system she even seemed puzzled herself. Had 3 calls so far today but they are not even leaving messages now, been at work so missed them what a shame

Nice one roadie. I'm gonna print that out and leave a copy next to the phone so that I can quote it directly when they phone me at 8.15am. As well as keeping a note of all the calls I'm gonna try and get talktalk to send me a copy of all my incoming calls if possible.

Lol such desperation makes me think that this money means more to them then we think. Maybe they should make some cuts like we all have had to do!!!

They need our money to pay their phone bill...!

Unless BPF/Mercers deduct it from the Bonus hunters pay cheque.

You can imagine the team meetings....

'Take money from the fools - if you dont the call charge comes out of your wages.....first debit card taker gets a Fish and Chip meal for two.- now go and get em team..!!':D:)

first debit card taker gets a Fish and Chip meal for two.- now go and get em team..!!':grin::-)

Last debit card taker gets fired?

While I think about it, at some point people may get dire threats from an outfit called Calder Financial.

Fear not:

Licence Number:0511950

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMercers Debt Collections Limited2550639

Categories:

Credit brokerage Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Calder Financial

It's still not left the building.

David

hi all listen 2 this

.and wood it be a good idea to go to the bbc watch dog as well to give them more bad press ??

YES YES YES!!!! A couple of us have written to watchdog already, but the more that write, the more they will take notice and hopefully put it on TV!!!

with the whole 'where the money is' thing, usually what happens is Barclays pay Advent as soon as we sign the agreement (otherwise Advent wouldn't have the money to supply our materials and pay their wages, but they have some sort of insurance that if they go bust, they must be able to supply an alternative course.

Whether this insurance is through BPF or someone else, I don't know!

Oh my goodness, I am SO Fxxxing angry!!!!!!!!!

I cancelled my direct debit when this all kicked off, with my bank, and I've just checked my account and BPF have just taken a payment!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can that happen!? Is that even legal!!?? I cancelled it myself, surely they'd have to have instruction by me!!!!?????

I checked my bank and they had done the same to me. I canceled my DD and called them directly. I was told that they didn't have authority and it was a mistake on their part as they were and are allowed to reinstate DD's which they have canceled on behalf of the customer whilst the account was on hold. They said that they would cancel their DD at their end and send me a letter of confirmation they they should not have done this for the above reasons, which I received a few days later.

You should query it with them and ask for a refund as you have not authorized for them to set up the DD which you canceled. I'm not sure if they will but if not then it's theft. It doesn't matter if you owe them money, they have no right to take it without your consent (if you bank with someone else). You can also speak to your bank if BPF refuse and get your bank to reclaim the money.

What can I do if I am being pursued by Bailiffs and debt collectors from my bank?

Contact Consumerdirect.gov.uk on 0845 4040 566 who have an advice line, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau for immediate help. Explain the situation and tell them you are seeking legal advice as to your rights –the CAB’s can oversee that the credit controllers are acting in accordance with best practice and intercede on behalf of individual students - from the group action legal team.

Debt disputes endowment mortgages claims liabilities complaints UK lenders freecounselling solicitor complaints

This site also offers good advice.

Good advice from everyone above regarding keeping records and copying in the FOS to anything going on. As my loan is paid off I'm fortunate in not getting all this hassle. I would think all the harrassment will be a good case for penalties imposed on Barclays by FOS, and hopefully the Lending Standards Board and OFT (whose codes of conduct they are breaking!).

Could also be a claim for compensation when Barclays get their butt dragged to court very soon.:mad:

This is an informative website the Template letters are at the bottom of the page :)

Harassment

That's a good find, Bluedo - I'll put a link up to it on the action website.

From that site, this is interesting....

"What legislation is there that helps me?

Section 40 - Administration of Justice Act 1970.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Section 4A - Public Order Act 1986.

Section 1 & 2 - Malicious Communications Act 1988.

The Protection from Harassment Act 1997, (“the Act”) the provisions of this Act are quite complicated and unfortunately cannot be covered in an article such as this. It is an interesting piece of legislation with potential repercussions for creditors. In the circumstances, I have highlighted below what I consider to be the most relevant provisions.

The Act was introduced to deal with stalking offences, however, Section 1 can be applied to creditors harassing debtors whereby a person is guilty of this offence if they pursue a course of conduct that they know or ought to know amounts to harassment of another. The debtor would need to prove conduct, i.e. on more than one occasion."

I checked my bank and they had done the same to me. I canceled my DD and called them directly. I was told that they didn't have authority and it was a mistake on their part as they were and are allowed to reinstate DD's which they have canceled on behalf of the customer whilst the account was on hold. They said that they would cancel their DD at their end and send me a letter of confirmation they they should not have done this for the above reasons, which I received a few days later.

You should query it with them and ask for a refund as you have not authorized for them to set up the DD which you canceled. I'm not sure if they will but if not then it's theft. It doesn't matter if you owe them money, they have no right to take it without your consent (if you bank with someone else). You can also speak to your bank if BPF refuse and get your bank to reclaim the money.

I can't believe they can do that!

Did you get your money back?

I bank with HSBC and called them this morning, went mental that they gave someone my money without my consent!

I spoke to BPF in January and asked if I could cancel my direct debit till it's all sorted, the guy said yes, contact your bank and cancel it, so I did.

Now HSBC say they have no record of me doing that (I did it on internet banking) so I said, there have been no payments since January, that doesn't just magically happen!! It happened cos I cancelled it. I DID NOT ask them to start paying it again so why have they!? ARGH!!!! I'm so angry!

They said they'll liook into it and ask for the money back from BPF...like they're going to say yeah sure, have your money back!!!

Had my first call from Barclays yesterday, telling me to pay the money now and i just laughed and told them to get lost. I told them i sent you a letter to explain why im not accepting computeach because they are **** and guess what? They never received my letter and told me to re sent it and my response was, i will but i will do it in my time and if you don't like that get your manager to call me, im fed up with all the stupid calls now and my letter to them is going to tell them how i really feel. They have ****ed me off now lol

Did anyone here pass the A+ with Advent and then receive a careers pack from them? I just found out mine and it says that they provided student days as part of their careers service which im guessing is something else that Computeach dont provide!

There are lots of ways the Advent Careers team can help you find a job in I.T:

• Advice on where to look for jobs
  • Help in putting together a professional CV
  • Advice on filling in a application forms
  • Tips for interviews.
  • Advice on negotiating your salary package
  • Student days around the country.

Student Days give you the chance to:

• Meet your careers' advisor.
  • Discuss your job search in more detail.
  • Find out more about any jobs we have available.
  • Ask questions about salaries, relocations etc.

For more information on student days in your area, call 01562 881677 and speak to one of our Advent Careers team.

Did anyone here pass the A+ with Advent and then receive a careers pack from them? I just found out mine and it says that they provided student days as part of their careers service which im guessing is something else that Computeach dont provide!

There are lots of ways the Advent Careers team can help you find a job in I.T:

• Advice on where to look for jobs
  • Help in putting together a professional CV
  • Advice on filling in a application forms
  • Tips for interviews.
  • Advice on negotiating your salary package
  • Student days around the country.

Student Days give you the chance to:

• Meet your careers' advisor.
  • Discuss your job search in more detail.
  • Find out more about any jobs we have available.
  • Ask questions about salaries, relocations etc.

For more information on student days in your area, call 01562 881677 and speak to one of our Advent Careers team.

Hi Danton,

Do they mean by student days around the country. like work experience? and I think our legal team would be interested in this. you can send directly to Hausfeld

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of email

Thought my phone was broken yesterday lol NO calls from Barclay's.

Lowdown seems to have worked telling them I will be reporting on a call by call basis and they are breaking OFT guidelines by harassing us on a disputed account, we'll see tomorrow if it continues.

Pigwig that's shocking and keep us posted if you get refunded, you should, they can't reinstate a direct debit in another bank.

I liked that link you posted Fuzzbutt lots of info all helps.

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of commercial weblink

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks