Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that Skyblue Dave that's sorted things for me now. I guess I'm so anxious about this whole sorry saga that I can't see the wood for the trees. Information Overload!!

It's good to see more and more new people joining Fuzzy's Posse though. Don't know what I would have done without this Forum and all the help from everyone. Think I'll be following Bluedo's advice too. :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, been away for a few weeks so just doing some catching up, great to see you guys are getting somewhere.

I have hit a brick wall, I received standard letters fobbing me off from BPF, I have now cancelled my DD payments to them and will be writting to the OFT and FOS on Sunday when I have time to sit down.

Hi,

I have paid my £200, this should be for a Solicitors letter to BPF, (more offical and using legal terms).

I would double check that this is what they are doing, as it maybe for something different as I am only a customer to them as well.

I would also recomend that everyone contacts BBC WATCHDOG as i know a few of us already have, and watchdog have asked for all our paperwork.

At least if watchdog look into this it's free research and they will know our rights and the legal obligations as they cannot go on tv saying what they like or they would be in a court case...

link below anyway!

BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

SELECT WATCHDOG

as

Hi,

I have paid my £200, this should be for a Solicitors letter to BPF, (more offical and using legal terms).

I would double check that this is what they are doing, as it maybe for something different as I am only a customer to them as well.

I would also recomend that everyone contacts BBC WATCHDOG as i know a few of us already have, and watchdog have asked for all our paperwork.

At least if watchdog look into this it's free research and they will know our rights and the legal obligations as they cannot go on tv saying what they like or they would be in a court case...

link below anyway!

BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

SELECT WATCHDOG

as

Thanks! I have anyway this certain feeling that an official and using legal terms to BPF, won't help. It's worth trying but I know it won't help as I know there is an almost certain possibility that others before have tried.

In that case, its phase one complete, i will wait for the solicitor to get a letter back from BPF, if it is as expected I will enter phase two, which will be court proceedings.

the solicitor has sourced expert advice from a barrister on the matter so there is a stong case for me.

I have mentioned to everyone before that they should be following to reduce cost if we unite, i'm not sure how many have taken this up?

Lets face it alot of people cannot afford to spend the additional money, i look at it that I cannot afford not too, so whats £500, £1000 costs if I get all my money back and no more trouble.

I'm sure BPF will sit there sending you generic letters till the end of time unless you are proactive.

Guys alot of quotes from people on this forum are becoming very much the same with not alot of new information, do you honestly think you are making progress without legal representation & and what chances do you expect for getting money back without been represented by a prefessional body?

Those of you paying by direct debit to barclays, can you afford to do that for the duration and not receive training that you ordered, this could all be a closed matter if we went to court or put pressure on them.

The more people that contact the solicitor I had sourced the cheaper it will be for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

A4ron

Edited by a4ron

In that case, its phase one complete, i will wait for the solicitor to get a letter back from BPF, if it is as expected I will enter phase two, which will be court proceedings.

the solicitor has sourced expert advice from a barrister on the matter so there is a stong case for me.

I have mentioned to everyone before that they should be following to reduce cost if we unite, i'm not sure how many have taken this up?

Lets face it alot of people cannot afford to spend the additional money, i look at it that I cannot afford not too, so whats £500, £1000 costs if I get all my money back and no more trouble.

I'm sure BPF will sit there sending you generic letters till the end of time unless you are proactive.

Guys alot of quotes from people on this forum are becoming very much the same with not alot of new information, do you honestly think you are making progress without legal representation & and what chances do you expect for getting money back without been represented by a prefessional body?

Those of you paying by direct debit to barclays, can you afford to do that for the duration and not receive training that you ordered, this could all be a closed matter if we went to court or put pressure on them.

The more people that contact the solicitor I had sourced the cheaper it will be for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

A4ron

I mean £500-550 is my currant monthly salary, and thats what its costing for starting the legal proceedings so its way too much for someone like me to even comprehend. I would if I could but I am holding on for CAG, Fuzzbutt and also possibly Watchdog to start kicking them in the rear. I am pretty broke and have a dependent. I am already in my overdraw this month and have no money to even get my wife a £20 gift. So I will have to wait till next pay day which is after her birthday to buy her something.

So if I am struggling for £20 to buy a gift you can imagine that there are many more people in the same predicament. The Solicitors is a great idea for those who have a little on the side but for many here its a struggle and don't have much money. Most are trying to find another way to resolve this without having to pay more than they already have. I can understand where you are coming from, and I would spend that to get rid of all this mess, but its just not a option.

A4ron

Hi aaron,

how can I get in touch with this solicitor? I only sent my info to Fuzzbut but am not sure if it is the same. BPF received my letter today, however they r still calling me, now even 10 times a day, but i refuse to answer as I emailed them to communicate with me only in writing.

really tired of it.

I sympathize with your situation, I hope that we all get sorted with as little cost involved as possible, so we can get our lives back on track and not having to deal with this any longer.

oh and do you guys have their Cardiff address? they received my letter today but at 6.44am, which is strange(might be a mistake or I am just having a blond moment) and someone called Monty signed for it? so i am thinking of sending it again.

those that still want the contact details with the solicitor, send me a private message and i will forward the details.

I have to send via private message as the details will be removed by the admin on this website

For all those getting bombarded with BPF calls...

They are breaking guildlines for reasonable contact!

Complain to them in writing and also FO. [they will be fined]

And insist on contact in writing only.

They are only bonus hunters and target achievers from BPF call centres.

Or you can waste their time and keep them talking,

They soon get fed up [they would rather move onto another number and hope someone will cave in or be intimidated to handing money over the phone - targets and bonus's]

You are not criminals.If they wanted to take you to court, they would have to send you month's worth of default notice letters [ thats the law]

Even if it got to court - you are means tested on your income.

Stand up to them and put in a letter of dispute.Lets face it do they want to take everyone to court.

Seems like they are trying to get in as much money as possible before the whole thing comes down like a deck of cards.

Everyone who emailed the fuzzbutt email is on the list and the action is a no win no fee, so free to us.

Knowing a lot of people are getting hassle from Barclays now, I asked the legal team what can people do in the short term until this comes together.

Advice:

For any urgent legal advice regarding your loan contact the Office of Fair Trading's consumer helpline, Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 or email via its website at Consumer Direct .

You can also contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for help if you feel Barclays is unfairly demanding repayment now. Explain the situation and tell them you are seeking legal advice as to your rights –the CAB’s can oversee that the credit controllers are acting in accordance with best practice and intercede on behalf of individual students.

Barclays is a subscriber to the now called Lending Standards Board at Lending Standards Board formerly the Banking code standards board.

Lending Standards Board

157. Where a not-for-profit debt advice agency has formally notified a subscriber that the customer is in serious discussion with them on a draft debt repayment plan then the subscriber should suspend collections activity related to the customer’s current account, credit card and/or unsecured personal loan while these discussions continue, provided that they are concluded within 30 days.

158. In exceptional circumstances where discussions are progressing but have not been concluded within the initial 30 days the debt advice agency can ask the subscriber for an additional 30 days breathing space.

thank you all for your supportive words, i really need them, i can't go on like this for much longer. and thanks for the wonderfull job you are doing.

I will def donate money once this is all over.

Hi Maygav,

It all get's a bit confusing you get overloaded with info and the stress makes it difficult to take things in.

I noticed you said you had emailed Fuzzbutt so you'll be on the list for the class action that's being organised.That will cost you Nothing as funding is organised by the legal team. They have explained how this is done by insurers. So we win Barclays pay we lose The insurer pays.

No disrespect to A4ron but to pay £200 then costs for the court between £500-£1000 or whatever it will be can be out of our league when you can be excellantly represented for Free. Sorry A4ron but easy choice for me. I've enough hassle from BPF chasing me for money without having someone else in the queue wanting paid.

Thanks Fuzzbutt for the info and guidance above I'll certainly be following that advice up.

Also thank you for all the work you're doing organising all this and the hours and hours you've kindly put in for our benefit. We'll give them a fight they think they're untouchable, arrogant B@!!tids They said.... "Further, we don't consider that section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 operates to make the agreement invalid in any way and accordingly your obligations under the loan agreement continue" Huh!! they think not.

Thanks Fuzzbutt for the info and guidance above I'll certainly be following that advice up.

Also thank you for all the work you're doing organising all this and the hours and hours you've kindly put in for our benefit. We'll give them a fight they think they're untouchable, arrogant B@!!tids They said.... "Further, we don't consider that section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 operates to make the agreement invalid in any way and accordingly your obligations under the loan agreement continue" Huh!! they think not.

Surely that is down to a judge or the FOS/OFT to decide?:confused:

This Barclays lot really are unreal aren't they.

I have a little bit of news that may bring a smile to some faces. I have a friend who works in the financial sector and they were telling me today that they managed to convince two Barclays customers to move their accounts to the financial institution that they work for.

A little victory but a victory none the less! ;)

Hi Maygav,

It all get's a bit confusing you get overloaded with info and the stress makes it difficult to take things in.

I noticed you said you had emailed Fuzzbutt so you'll be on the list for the class action that's being organised.That will cost you Nothing as funding is organised by the legal team. They have explained how this is done by insurers. So we win Barclays pay we lose The insurer pays.

No disrespect to A4ron but to pay £200 then costs for the court between £500-£1000 or whatever it will be can be out of our league when you can be excellantly represented for Free. Sorry A4ron but easy choice for me. I've enough hassle from BPF chasing me for money without having someone else in the queue wanting paid.

hey Bluedo,

yea it is very stressfull and I am thinking of all possibilities. I actualy saw a solicitor and he wrote a letter for me which they have received today. my situation is a bit different, i have been trying to cancel this course since october, but they have rudely ignored me, sent them few emails and nothing, so my letter states that i have not been receiveing any services since then and them going into administration is just another argument of why they should terminate my contract. And only requesting money back since october, quite a lot actualy. So I am hoping( and praying) that will work. I just want out of it.

so I will see, where to go from here, I too do not have money to spent on solicitors, since I paid "only" £2300, and may spend more on them :confused:.

lets hope it does not last long, Fraser students were waiting for 8 months.

Surely that is down to a judge or the FOS/OFT to decide?:confused:

This Barclays lot really are unreal aren't they.

I have a little bit of news that may bring a smile to some faces. I have a friend who works in the financial sector and they were telling me today that they managed to convince two Barclays customers to move their accounts to the financial institution that they work for.

A little victory but a victory none the less! ;)

hi Tricia

Good !!!I hope when this is all public that more people will do the same I'm not a Barclays customer well not in normal sense ;) and they have a cheek that's twice they lettered me referring to Sec.75 I feel like sending them a copy cca

;)

Hi Maygav,

lets hope it does not last long, Fraser students were waiting for 8 months.

I hope not it'll depend if Barclays dig their heels in and how the courts deal with it we'll just have to wait see what happens meantime get the accounts in dispute and Lowdown gave some good advice above so we'll be ok :)

Lowdown's advice back a page

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks