Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd make sure you do get that in writing, Nail 'em.

Some people have been told their accounts have been frozen but payments have continued to be taken. Keep a record and get it in writing as evidence, should you need it later.

Seek legal advice from a solicitor or advice agency : Directgov - Do it online

hi guys i am getting so fed up with barclays p.f. just treating us like we don't exsist and fobbing me off. still no reply to the uk legal letter i sent i wonder why. is it because they know the letter is correct and can't reply to it? well the link above is for legal aid and i should imagine most of us if not all can get it. maybe its time for action now instead of keep waiting for bpf to respond.

I am in total agreement Mantaxi, you can bet your bottom dollar they are buying time so they can send us details of the new provider etc. and then respond to our complaints. If/when they do send me any details of the new provider i shall send them right back. To be honest i think we would have had a legal argument even if they had not gone bust on the basis of miselling.

Do these people think we are stupid?

Thanks for the link, Mantaxi - I'm not sure what to do for the best now. Put in for small claims court now or wait until the OMbudsman can step in? Will look at that legal aid link, though I guess if you're working you don't qualify.

Edited to add......Oops, no I don't. The reply on the eligibility calculator said no but some of you may do.

'You are not eligible for legal aid as your disposable income is too high. This is the amount of income you have left over after deducting tax and certain other allowances.

Your disposable income must be no more than £733.00 a month if you are to get legal aid...:

'

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Doesn't really matter a damn what their contract says.

It is a consumer credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Nothing in their contract can overide the provisions of that, which was exactly why the CCA 1974 Act was brought into law in the 1st place.

Put it this way - they could write a contract that says if you don't pay, we will send the boys round pronto???

Cause of action stems from S75 of that Act, not what it says in their contract.

David

Yes, that makes sense, Cashins. I think Barclays are hoping many of us won't go so far as legal action but will suck up what they say without challenge.

thats ashame about the loss of jobs where do we go from here. seems like the pressures on and they are doing a runner. could be time now for court action, seems thats all they are going to understand. all our letters are probably in the bin. we need one solicitor to act for all. lets get them to court pronto. what yer say guys.

Quite agree Mantaxi get the ball rolling. Wish we could make them do a runner and they shut down all their branches.

just watched Michael Moore's Capitalism a Love Story he went into a Bank with empty cash bags and demanded" give us our money" it was brilliant wished it was Barclays he could do that to

I have read mentions abou the Welsh.. can I ask what is happening there.. I seem to be missing something

Thanks

Hi 10pack

Someone posted couple pages back that Advent were setting up a Trade Training co in Cardiff And Barclay's Partner Finance is closing their Glasgow Business and moving it to Cardiff

So if it's true about Advent the Welsh people should be warned about them of course they won't be called Advent I'd need to look back thread and see the link

Dudley | Computers | Advent Computer Training

Here's our MIS_SOLD JOB OFFER PROOF guys

Advent IT training can retrain you and introduce you to an assortment of IT job opportunities including a new career as an IT Support Manager, Database Administrator or even a Web Designer with the Master CIW Designer course.

not to mention the phone "interview" where they told me i had a 99.99% chance of them finding me a job, oh and the CV writing service where they don't write your CV for you. Everything in that interview, which was the basis for me signing up to this course was a lie.

Name & Registered Office:

ADVENT (2) LIMITED

5 THE MEWS HAGLEY HALL, HAGLEY

STOURBRIDGE

WEST MIDLANDS

DY9 9LQ

Company No. 06373522

Date of Incorporation: 17/09/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

Sorry if I'm a bit thick but can someone please explain to me how this Advent(2) limited is Active I don't get the connection.

Anyone know?

ahh,

probably just a vehicle they used to keep any worthwhile assets advent had. I don't think the people who bought the firm realised that BPF are going to pay them a pittance to carry on our training (if anything at all). If it was all as clear cut as they hoped it would be it would have been sorted by now. I really do not think when they bought this firm they had a look at the books, if they had they would have seen it was a rotten apple.

not to mention the phone "interview" where they told me i had a 99.99% chance of them finding me a job, oh and the CV writing service where they don't write your CV for you. Everything in that interview, which was the basis for me signing up to this course was a lie.

They told everyone the same stuff and they knew what lies to entice you with and I was told that within 3months after passing initial exams I could be employed therefore being able to finance the course sad thing is I believed her

Yeah,

She also told me it was better then a degree :rolleyes: it wasn't Clarissa by any chance?

I had Luke.. he told me almost the same thing.. because I was out of work I had more time to study.. and because they had their own job centre looking for jobs to place their students in.. I would be in a job in about 3 months.. its what sold me on the course.

Today I had a phone call from a company that is government sponsored, I told her about what happened with Advent, she told me to be honest there are a number of companies operation in this way... the only thing they can get you is to the interview.. nothing more.

For me this woman had called because I had been made redundant I have an oppertunety to get some training.. she gave me a list of companies they provide funding for.. asked me to look at them and see if there is a course I want to go on.. and its all funded by some pot of cash from the EU.. wish this had been pushed my way earlier :(

And what happens while I am on this training and Barclays turn up with a training course.. its just as well I am out of work.. I am also signed off I went abroad over the new year and did not go back to sign on.. they just ****ed me off at the job centre because they wanted to know how many hours I was going to be studying with Advent.. over a certain amount of hours and they would sign me off.. so I thinking I would spend 100% of my spare time in studies and did not sign on again.

Pfft. if they ever do 10pack, i really dont think they can afford to and still make the kinda money they are after. They don't understand the market if they did they would never have provided funding to advent in the first place. I was very suprised when i found out that they found a buyer for advent, Honestly what are they buying? how do they expect to finance the training of Thousands of people? it is all just plain weird and Barclays are looking more and more amateur by the day. All they are doing now is buying time by ignoring our letters and failing to provide anything that is remotely related to any of the real questions in this debacle.

ie. they think we are all stupid!

Edited by Mustard2243

ahh,

probably just a vehicle they used to keep any worthwhile assets advent had. I don't think the people who bought the firm realised that BPF are going to pay them a pittance to carry on our training (if anything at all). If it was all as clear cut as they hoped it would be it would have been sorted by now. I really do not think when they bought this firm they had a look at the books, if they had they would have seen it was a rotten apple.

Oh I can't get my head round this 1 at all who bought Advent that co. was registered in 2007 and Andrew Allchurch and co were in the mews then (No?)

are they the same co. as Advent Computer training ?

And who has bought Advent that BPF will pay a pittance to carry on the training.?

Mustard ..It was Lynne the Liar

10pack it's what mis-sold you on the course. As long as you're available for work you can sign on cos you're not earning any money in fact this palaver is costing money

the job centre ask too many questions.. and I have had enough of giving out my information to people who I dont know.

My problem stems back some years when a step cousin of mine was over here learning English.. I sponsored her visa.. what I did not know was she wanted to go awol.. she found herself a married man twice her age with money and ran off with him, I stupidly believed that she was in danger and tried to stop it.. wrote letters to the Kiev Embassy.

She gave the guy she went with all my details. phone numbers ( he would call me at work) bank account details, where I worked.. she had access to my computers while in my home.. everything she gave to this guy.. he would phone me and laugh down the phone saying I know where you are.. and you wrote a letter to the Embassy about me.. he even quoted what I had written, how can he know this from one of our British Embassies??.

I dont trust any organisation since that time.. I had to change my locks and alarm codes, bank and credit accounts.. everything.. all because I trusted someone... and when I went to the police about his threats.. the police said there is nothing they can do.. no crime has been commited??

ahh,

Ahh I didn't know someone had bought Advent but with a 30million pound turnover that'll be attractive to someone so is that Advent (2)still don't get it. I wouldn't like the job of dealing with all us lot disgruntled students the whole things stinks

10pack that's some story you need to be careful who you trust and we are all learning that now

Edited by Bluedo

It may have been 30 million turnover....but that was until BPF pulled the plug, and look how quickly it was wound up. They were relying on monthly payments from BPF from new enrolments. Whatever happens now BPF will not be providing any more finance for them. How will they survive? i think any bank would be reluctant to be their finance provider now.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks