Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok i have a point people u cant get a full refund, cos in a way u have had some training and have taken some exams so u have something out of it, i have been doin it for a yeah and taken exams so im happy to carry on and finish and i would of already spent some money of my loan

yes, 1 sandwich, 1 book, 1 workshop.

thats all. worth, 5k? Lovely.

Another one of the "upto 6000" of us left up in the air here. I joined advent about 4 years ago but due to family issues was unable to complete/continue with my course at the time, advent let me restart the course in december'09 and I passed the CompTIA A+ and Tech earlier this month, I was there yesterday on the workshop for the mcdst exam with Kam, Kam was called into a meeting as we left and that was when he found out.

I contacted Barclays earlier (2 payments left) who told me as I had not informed them the expected completion date had changed then to go away! Consumer direct have told me to send barclays a letter (template at Consumer Direct - 1 Consumer Credit Act 1974 - Template letter for use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit ) stating a breach of section 75 of the CCA and giving them 14 days to respond, not sure what my course of action will be after this.

I am looking into other channels to resolve this.

May I wish all the ex staff and tutors all the best as everyone I have come into contact with there has been brilliant.

May I also mention the advent students forum Social Junction • View topic - Please Read - Announcement from Advent

Edited by exadvent_student

My agreement just says Clydesdale on it which I assume is a bank. But the agreement was clearly for Advent to provide me with the MCSE certification which they have not done.

I'm definitely seeking legal advice tomorrow!

Location - London.

This is really outrageous. We've been left in the dark and not knowing what actions to take to find justice! I paid the full £6000 in November 2009 to avoid the hefty interest rates and all I got from it is 2 books???

I'd like to thank everyone here in this forum for sharing their opinions and information. Please keep us posted.

Hey all,

I joined this site just now and I'm a student as well. Very disappointed! I haven't even done the first exams yet (due to personal problems) and I was just about to request it.

How crazy is that? I'm going to contact Barcleys tomorrow and see whats happening on their end about my loan which obviously I'm paying monthly for sadly. I'm hoping what I'm hearing is true about them finding another provider as I still want to get my MCSE.

montyboy1 - I sent ya a PM as you live close to me so we can have a chat!

Advent Student - Live in Ashford, Kent

Advent student from Northern Ireland here.

Both me and my friend were studying for the COMP TIA A+ exam

This is totally messed up and I feel like my trust has been voilated by SOMEONE, I just dont know who yet! Barclays or Advent.

My friend had went to the workshop in Kidderminster for the workshop, I feel bad for him seeing as he paid out more money for that. But were both 5k in the hole now, same as most of the people here it seems...

If we all stick together in this we should be able to get some kind of resolution.

Hi Guys, I am again one of many dissapointed Students..

Im hoping that i can get some sort of Refund, As it clearly states in my finance agreement that if it is not fullfilledi may Sue them..

Also My Name is Ben Edit & I am currently Residing in Cornwall, so its seems that Advent have dug there Claws in all over the UK...

Please fell free to contact me at Edit or on Facebook, my screen name is edit and state in invite that it is to do with Advent. Thanks

Moderator edit removal of email address it is unwise to put personal information on an open forum

Edited by saintly_1
Removal of personal data

Hi All

Just thought that i would share this info and hope that it helps all who are in the same situation as myself,

I paid my loan off before the interest kicked in, i paid my loan off back in may 09,

I spoke to barclays finance just about 15 mins ago and, was advised that they are looking at changing to another provider for the training, i emphasized the point that the loan was agreed with Advent doing the course, they stated that a full refund would not be an option if they found a suitable provider. (Although i did not ask what would happen if they did not find a suitable provider) they said because i paid it off last year my account would be in archive and to email [email protected] and request info, i have asked them to explain in writing why i am not entitled to a full refund as i am not happy with an alternative provider and that people would not feel comfortable in agreeing to this as we would be wary of this happening again. I also quoted part 3 from the contract "3) If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of bussiness, you may still be able to sue us." (thanks to mozzer0734) and that this is a breach of contract.

Hope this helps, and hope that you guys would do the same to put a bit of pressure on them to listen to us and not try and fob us off!!

thanks Nic

Hi,

I paid in full last year am not sure if that's better or worse still feel like i have been robbed. Good info on here glad i have found it, just hope everyone gets something preferably everything they paid back.

Andy from Cirencester SW England

Hello to everyone who is as pi**ed off with advent.

I'm in luton and again got the same email last night and was in complete shock. no-one anwsering the phone and only just managed to get through to the gent who signed me up, and he knew nothing about it, and got the same email as everyone else. I am lucky in some respect as i have only just started and only had made a couple of payments. I will be getting onto barclays bank tomorrow to try and get this sorted.

This was my passport into a new life and a decent wage, but look like that has all gone to pot now. Just hope i can get this all back on track.

I'll let you all know if i get anywhere.:-x:-x:-x

hi barclays seem to want to keep the agreements going and find another provider, argh bastards. the is a face book forum going -

Advent training Scammed Us, we want our Money Back! | Facebook

email watchdog what barclays say we need to voice out or we will all get shafted. below link to bbc watch dog -

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fwatchdog%2Fgotastory%2F&h=4f68049182726b854d3e649e220cd934

Guys,i paid the money throw my bank which i took personal loan,have nothing to do with Barclay bank,my bank does not care what happened.

Can anyone advice me what should i do,is anyone same situation?

PLS Help

I live in London

Thank you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks