• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a payment demand today with a £22.50 charge and apparently they think it's an oversight on my part???? I mean what do I have to do to make it any clearer I do not want they're new provider I will not be paying them anything who would pay for something they were not receiving I have written numerous letters to be quite honest now I'm sick of the whole crappy situation and I've nearly had enough of all this sh!t it's now 4 months this has dragged on and they think that's acceptable? We have been treated atrociously and aggressively being forced to accept a company we don't want. I've had it totally pi55ed off.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Masoud,

Send an email to fuzzbutt just ask to be added to the class action lawsuit against BPF leave your real name and email address you will be sent a link to the action website with all the info you'll need.

If you've not done so send a letter of complaint to BPF and a letter to put your account in dispute not that they bother anyway but it should help to enforce your rights. They've totally ignored all my letters to them.

Reply to the address that is on the heading of the letter they sent you.

Just remembered there's a template letter of dispute from the lawyer on the action website.

Edited by Bluedo

Hi Masoud,

Send an email to fuzzbutt just ask to be added to the class action lawsuit against BPF leave your real name and email address you will be sent a link to the action website with all the info you'll need.

If you've not done so send a letter of complaint to BPF and a letter to put your account in dispute not that they bother anyway but it should help to enforce your rights. They've totally ignored all my letters to them.

Reply to the address that is on the heading of the letter they sent you.

Thanks and WOW !! I can't believe this sh....t

I will do right now.Just one more question,

Do I need to cancel the Direct Debit? Has anyone done it?

Thanks and WOW !! I can't believe this sh....t

I will do right now.Just one more question,

Do I need to cancel the Direct Debit? Has anyone done it?

I cancelled the direct debit before I was due to pay so they couldn't take any money.

One thing though apparently if you have any other accounts with Barclay's they can legally raid them and take anything they think you owe them.

So if anyone has any accounts with them, they should open an account with a different bank and shut the account with Barclay.

I cancelled the direct debit before I was due to pay so they couldn't take any money.

One thing though apparently if you have any other accounts with Barclay's they can legally raid them and take anything they think you owe them.

So if anyone has any accounts with them, they should open an account with a different bank and shut the account with Barclay.

Oh !

I have a credit card with them ( £2000 credit limit) and the balance is zero. I also have a current account which there is no money on it :)

Is there any possibility that they could charge me on my credit card? if so I would close them both.

Edited by masoud_h

Oh !

I have a credit card with them ( £2000 credit limit) and the balance is zero. I also have a current account which there is no money on it :)

Is there any possibility that they could charge me on my credit card? if so I would close them both.

I wouldn't know what they can do Masoud all I know is they are rotten. and they way they have treated us is a scandal

I wouldn't know what they can do Masoud all I know is they are rotten. and they way they have treated us is a scandal

Thanks for the information.

I've done it :) got my credit card account closed with them. I Will close my bank account on Monday as well but still don't know what to do with the direct debit :(

Thanks for the information.

I've done it :) got my credit card account closed with them. I Will close my bank account on Monday as well but still don't know what to do with the direct debit :(

You will need to open an account with a different bank to make sure you don't get left with no bank account. and if you don't want to pay BPF re the Advent course then cancel the Direct Debit.

You will need to open an account with a different bank to make sure you don't get left with no bank account. and if you don't want to pay BPF re the Advent course then cancel the Direct Debit.

Of course I don't want to pay BPF any money, in fact I was hoping to take legal action against them and get a refund ( so far I only paid £700 ) but what about fuzzbutt? what is the plan? do you know anything about them?

by the way I have two bank account :D

thanks

Got a payment demand today with a £22.50 charge and apparently they think it's an oversight on my part???? I mean what do I have to do to make it any clearer I do not want they're new provider I will not be paying them anything who would pay for something they were not receiving I have written numerous letters to be quite honest now I'm sick of the whole crappy situation and I've nearly had enough of all this sh!t it's now 4 months this has dragged on and they think that's acceptable? We have been treated atrociously and aggressively being forced to accept a company we don't want. I've had it totally pi55ed off.

Which is exactly where Barclays want you to be.

You letters are ignored and you get comp generated written responses and a barrage of phone calls, 'pay up, pay up, pay up.'

I think even the FOS will find this hard to stomach and will rule against BPF - but on a case by case basis. Excuses from BPF will include isolated cases, training issues etc. The FOS knows where the dots are but under there remit they cannot connect them. Barclay know full well that most people individually will cough up or at least cough up something

It's been said before, but for the record, the only thing Barclays take seriously is legal action.

David

I got a phone call today from Barclays demanding payment, but I confirmed my details for security, and just told them I wasnt making any payments, as they were in breach of contract in my opinion, and I have reason to believe the course is not like for like. Said I wouldnt be making any payments, and I wished for the account to be kept on hold, and they just said o.k, and that was all.

Hi Guys I have just been contacted by BPF and have refused to go through the security questions and that the only contact I am willing to have is in writing but the guy said he has booked for someone to come round and discuss whatever he called about with me next week.

Can I refuse to talk to them when my account is in dispute?

What a joke they are more then likely trying to scare you into paying!! and even if they do send someone round, what are they going to say? Has anyone had someone turn up on their door?

Of course I don't want to pay BPF any money, in fact I was hoping to take legal action against them and get a refund ( so far I only paid £700 ) but what about fuzzbutt? what is the plan? do you know anything about them?

by the way I have two bank account :D

thanks

Hi Masoud

I've just replied to your email. The legal action is a no win no fee option with a major law firm. All you need to do is follow their guidance on the website and hopefully we'll all be smiling soon!

Edited by HSBCrusher

I was due to make payment yesterday if my DD was available for them to take money.

Just got my first phone call from a guy with a northern accent claiming to be from Barclays Partner Finance.

He asked for me by name.. and then asked me to verify myself.. I hung up on him... maybe I should have spoken to him??

Phone number to watch out for 08456026266

Edited by 10pack

How did people find out about the change of BPF address from Glasgow to Cardiff?

I was written to from the glasgow address, I replied to it, the 1 response I've had to my complaint was from wilma thomson from the glasgow address and she said to reply if i would like to take it any further...which i obviously did! She didn't mention any different addres but haven't heard anything back since, just wondering if it's because of the addresses!?

any ideas?

She didn't mention any different addres but haven't heard anything back since, just wondering if it's because of the addresses!?

any ideas?

No it's not, they are simply ignoring anything they don't want to hear.

They haven't moved from Glasgow yet and even when they do they will put a redirection on it.

David

morning all.

as the daily mirror said that most of the fos complaints have ruled in favour of the consumer.

does anybody know if there has been any confimation of this

I've been trying to find that out too. I don't think they are Advent students as people seem to just be getting confirmation that FOS are starting to look into them now.

The FOS have asked me to explain why I no longer wish to take a course with the new training provider. I have already explained some reasons why. Just worried as I feel this letter needs to be perfect as I do not want the FOS to rule against me :(

Computeach are doing everything to keep us under their contract...by offering free resits now...we still have a higher pass mark and in turn more money it will cost.

What other points can i raise!?!!

Computeach are doing everything to keep us under their contract...by offering free resits now...we still have a higher pass mark and in turn more money it will cost.

I would not take that for granted.

I have asked CT on two occasions [ over the past 4 weeks] to put this in writing.And as of today they have not.

Remember anything they say over the telephone will not be honored.

They will say anything to keep their own company afloat with Finance from BPF.

IE - you commiting to their supposed 'Like for Like'

CT are not much more than a bunch of con artists with a track record of financial

devestation. [all this is in the public domain]

The FOS have asked me to explain why I no longer wish to take a course with the new training provider. I have already explained some reasons why. Just worried as I feel this letter needs to be perfect as I do not want the FOS to rule against me :(

What other points can i raise!?!!

Hi Dinky,

I've been trying to find out if the CCNA being now offered by Computeach is as we see out of date and I was looking at if the are a registered cisco partner my searches so far have come up with no they are not but I would like to get this verified. If any of you find anything can you let us know.

640-801 CCNA - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

This link from sburymozza has a search facility I couldn't find a CT connection. the 640-801 was retired November 6th 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks