daughter - £65 charge for one unpaid direct debit

elizw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my 19 year old daughter has just gone overdrawn to £71.39 because Barclays took £65.00 for returning a direct debit. She tells me she has had other charges over the years - I have written the letter requesting details of the charges but dont want to cause her more problems - do they ever just pay up without going to court - I dont think she would want to go that far - or am I just wasting my £10 and my time

my 19 year old daughter has just gone overdrawn to £71.39 because Barclays took £65.00 for returning a direct debit. She tells me she has had other charges over the years - I have written the letter requesting details of the charges but dont want to cause her more problems - do they ever just pay up without going to court - I dont think she would want to go that far - or am I just wasting my £10 and my time

I may be wrong but I don't think anyones actually gone to court yet from what I've been reading. Good luck though whatever you do.:oops:

:pNikki:p

22/8/06 Subject Access Request sent to Barclays

21/9/06 Statements here.

22/9/06 Sent request for repayment of charges. £2,380 :-o

19/10/06 LBA sent

19/10/06 Barclays send offer, Nikki sends thanks but no thanks letter

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -::::::::::::::::::: Read these, they really do help!

Barclays are hoping that people won't go that far. It is your daughters money - don't let them keep it.

You will have to go as far as getting a court date before they will pay up

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

thanks - a bit of encouragement is all I needed - she said this morning she would go to court - just waiting to see how much they have charged over the last few years. -

edited

Telewest v RBS

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/61214-telewest-rbs.html[/url]

Telewest v A&L

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/61215-telwest-l.html[/url]

Telewest v Halifax

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/63775-telewest-halifax.html[/url]

If I've helped - hit the scales and rate me!

Do you mean the SAR letter??? If they still haven't responded i would suggest giving them a call asking them where your info is, they do have 40 days to respond and you should of included £10 in the letter which is statutory fee.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Look People,

It's not rocket science. when you started this stuff you were told to look at the boards AND study the FAQ's. You are obviously not doing this. There are enough threads on here to show you EXACTLY what to do, but, because you can't be bothered to do the studying, you are all making mistakes, and all asking the same questions time and time again. WAKE UP. You may well have been flippant when the banks were EDIT you of your money, but you CAN'T be flippant if you wish to get your money back.

LOOK AT THIS THREAD:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/25130-i-just-want-our-2.html?highlight=The+Druid

It's a step-by-step tutorial about what you have to do. STICK TO YOUR DEADLINES. Make the bank dance to you tune, NOT you to theirs. YOU are paying the piper, so MAKE SURE they dance to YOUR TUNE. All the best.

sent first letter off on the 10th August and as yet no reply - surely this is too long - keep hoping as dont want to send off the same letter again -

Give them a ring, I sent my SAR off on the 22nd August and got Peter Townsends standard we'll send statements within the next few weeks letter on the 25th August so I would have assumed you should have at least had that letter by now.

Good luck :oops:

21/9/06 Statements here.

19/10/06 LBA sent

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -::::::::::::::::::: Read these, they really do help!

By the way, I have read on here that you dont need to send the letters recorded delivery you only need proof of postage. I've sent all my letters so far recorded delivery, it's only cost a pound per letter and I get the peace of mind that I can check on the royal mail website that they have received it.

21/9/06 Statements here.

19/10/06 LBA sent

They are dragging everything out. My statements plopped through the door on the 39th Day. I had just compiled my non compliance letter as well :o

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

LOOK PEOPLE, it's quite simple. Stick to YOUR agenda, NOT theirs. If they don't stick to your deadlines, REPORT THE B*****S. The slightest sign of hesetation on your part will be seen as a lack of resolve by the bank. If you say 14 days, MEAN 14 days

Druid Im behind you all the way here....

Dont give them a minute more than they're entitled to....They dont waste a second to slap a £30 charge on us do they!!!!

Stick by your guns & dont let your guard down...all they need is an inch of weakness then they'll take 10 miles...

Every little bit of info you'll need has been posted on this forum time & time again...

Just use the search & advanced search to find it....You need to read,read & read....

Another point is that you dont have to look in the specific forum for your bank either ie BARCLAYS or HSBC as the process is the same for every bank....so you'll usually find plenty more helpful info in other posts...

Again just read & you'll find....

AS I SAID.....

"ENOUGH'S ENOUGH".....

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME I FOUGHT BACK.....

DON'T YOU....

:D

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi

• 1 month later...

daughter gave up when she saw the bank statements. However, I did not and got her permission to go through them. Totalled up £325 but dont know if that is the correct amount wish they would just send you a letter saying how much they have charged it would be much easier.

I think that she has spent just as much by paying fees for using charging cash machines - what a shame and what a waste of money -

I dont think I will use a spreadsheet for the charges and not sure whether to be vague in case I missed any - thought I would just put several hundred pounds - what does anyone think about this.

At some point you will be required to specify exactly what charges you are reclaiming, with dates and amounts. It really is worth doing this now, as it's the whole foundation of your case.

It's worth checking through the statements, as there always seem to be items you miss the first couple of times - and you don't want to let them get away with anything, do you??

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

thanks for your reply. I decided in the end to put 'in excess of £325' after I had checked the statements a few times. and posted it yesterday. I see in the papers today that probably on the instructions of the FSA banks are secretly reviewing rejected complaints regarding endowments and bonds and offering compensation to people some of whom have not even complained. Having worked on endowment complaints and seen the numbers of people involved I am glad that something is being done.

WHAT A CHEEK =- even though we have sent in a complaint about charges Barclays have slapped another £30 fine on because this month daughter went 35p over her £5 overdraft limit (but yes it is her own fault)

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

barclays will charge you for returning and item but they should not charge you for going overdrawn because of their own charges. this their own rule.

• 4 weeks later...