style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alot to read and question is at the bottom, hope someone can help me... :confused:

I got a magistrate fine and have had Marstons round to enforce it. As the lovely letter they put through my door cost me £175 I thought I best pay it sharpish. I paid through their online system yesterday but when it got to the end it said that the Warrant could not be found the I should call to pay over the phone. I checked my account first and low and behold the money had come out. I phone marstons and told em and they said they couldn't do anythign about it because the people who deal with problems are not there in the afternoon (:) great job they have)...

Phoned my bank today and they confirmed the money had come out of my account and gone to Drakes (of whom Marston is part of or which ever way round it works). I phoned Marstons and they said no it hadn't, I gave them an transaction number and the extact date and time I did it but they still couldn't find it. I flipped between my bank and Marstons 5 times and no matter what I said Marston wouldn't believe me. So I went down to my bank where my lovely manager allowed me to phone Marstons and he was going to tell them that the payment had been made.

When I phoned Marstons from the bank and told them that the manager wanted to confirm that payment had been made from my account they suddenly found the payment and said eveything is now okay. I came home and checked on there online system and my warrant is still active and says I still owe the money.

I guess my question is, if a Marstons bailif comes round and forces his way in (which he can) is he breaking the law as I have paid Marstons, it's not my fault their own system has lost the money somewhere?

can you contact your bank and have the payment stopped then pay it over the phone to an operative? at least then you will get your authorisation number and there is someone on the other end of the phone to make sure its wiped off the correct file.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Alot to read and question is at the bottom, hope someone can help me... :confused:

I got a magistrate fine and have had Marstons round to enforce it. As the lovely letter they put through my door cost me £175 I thought I best pay it sharpish. I paid through their online system yesterday but when it got to the end it said that the Warrant could not be found the I should call to pay over the phone. I checked my account first and low and behold the money had come out. I phone marstons and told em and they said they couldn't do anythign about it because the people who deal with problems are not there in the afternoon (:) great job they have)...

Phoned my bank today and they confirmed the money had come out of my account and gone to Drakes (of whom Marston is part of or which ever way round it works). I phoned Marstons and they said no it hadn't, I gave them an transaction number and the extact date and time I did it but they still couldn't find it. I flipped between my bank and Marstons 5 times and no matter what I said Marston wouldn't believe me. So I went down to my bank where my lovely manager allowed me to phone Marstons and he was going to tell them that the payment had been made.

When I phoned Marstons from the bank and told them that the manager wanted to confirm that payment had been made from my account they suddenly found the payment and said eveything is now okay. I came home and checked on there online system and my warrant is still active and says I still owe the money.

I guess my question is, if a Marstons bailif comes round and forces his way in (which he can) is he breaking the law as I have paid Marstons, it's not my fault their own system has lost the money somewhere?

You have to bear in mind how the banking system works. Any payment you make to anyone - not just Marstons can take anything up to 10- 14 days to show on your account at their end, it may well show on your bank account as having been paid but then goes off into the ether until it magically reappears.

Although the faster Payment Service is supposed to speed things up the truth is that if the receiving Bank & its customer are not signed up then it can take ages.

As for Marstons themselves it will probably show on internal systems but for your viewing pleasure you will possibly have to wait until the system is refreshed - possibly overnight. Try checking again tomorrow.

In the meantime do you have a copy or other proof just in case.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]