companies who pursue unenforceable credit agreements - help please

apolloway
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice please.

I have 4 credit cards all pre 2007 and hope the agreements maybe uneforceable. I did try about 6 months ago to follow the process DIY using the letter templates, but found it difficult to keep on top of and see it through till the end.

I am with CCCS (debt management service) and therefore some of the debt had been sold on making it more difficult to pursue with confidence.

I had a call from a representaive of claimback Uk and they have advised they provide a no fee no win if I decide to go with them.

In essence, they have said it will cost me £250 per card (so £1k in total) if they successfully render the agreements unenforceable and obviously free of charge if any are enforceable.

I would like to know if these types of companies are reputable or are there dangers I need to watch out for?

Also are there any other providers who could do it cheaper, if so who are they and how much would I be looking at paying?

I have asked them to see what the cheapest they will go to and they are going to call back on Wednesday.

I lack the time and confidence to do it myself, so would really appreciate some help on this.

Many Thanks

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice please.

I have 4 credit cards all pre 2007 and hope the agreements maybe uneforceable. I did try about 6 months ago to follow the process DIY using the letter templates, but found it difficult to keep on top of and see it through till the end.

I am with CCCS (debt management service) and therefore some of the debt had been sold on making it more difficult to pursue with confidence.

I had a call from a representaive of claimback Uk and they have advised they provide a no fee no win if I decide to go with them.

In essence, they have said it will cost me £250 per card (so £1k in total) if they successfully render the agreements unenforceable and obviously free of charge if any are enforceable.

I would like to know if these types of companies are reputable or are there dangers I need to watch out for?

Also are there any other providers who could do it cheaper, if so who are they and how much would I be looking at paying?

I have asked them to see what the cheapest they will go to and they are going to call back on Wednesday.

I lack the time and confidence to do it myself, so would really appreciate some help on this.

Many Thanks

No go from me.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

These types of companies are not recommnded on CAG. Basically they charge do the same things as you can do yourself for free.

With some guidance from all of us here you'll soon have the confidence to handle this yourself.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Thanks Palomino.

I did try myself and sent a number of the template letters off. The difficulty I had was the confidence to know what I was doing as I am with CCCS paying £50 pm off currently and was worried that once I stopped paying, I would end up in more difficulties.

I also lack the legal knowledge to know what to do at each stage and as my debts have been sold on from the original credit card companies, I found it even more difficult trying to resolve it.

In addition, I did put a few posts on here and sometimes I was not getting any replies, so I thought if I pay someone it would address my concerns.