DLC rears its ugly head again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a credit card debt with Egg (among many others!) and the debt was passed to DLC who I think are part of Egg because when I log into my Egg account it shows that I have made a monthly payment to Egg. However after a lot of battles with them I set up a regular payment of £65 per month - less than they wanted but I manage my dmp myself and that was all I could afford as I want to be fair to my other creditors. However they have now recently informed me that this payment plan was for three months only and they want to see my last three payslips. In the past I have declined to show my payslips to my creditors. Can I still do this - I really don't want them to see them, and I'm sure I'm not obliged to show them. As far as I was concerned the plan was until the debt had been repaid and I have an email more or less stating this. Any advice please?

You tell them what you can afford not them tell you tell them firmly but fairly that this is the amount I can afford this is what I am prepared to pay and remind them nicely that no court will make you pay more than you can reasonably afford. Is your agreement enforceable?

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Since when do people have to provide details of payslips?.

Refer them back to their ORIGINAL email were upon they accepted your agreed payment plan. In my experience they always try and review accounts after 3 months anyway, just tell them your circumstances remain the same as when you set the payment plan up.

Regards

PB68.

Out of interest, how old is the card? Was there PPI on it?

thanks,

M

Oh, and tell DLC where to get off. My Egg card is £5k and DLC get £10 a month ;)

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Thanks to all who replied - great help - there is no ppi on this and I got my CCA from Egg which appears okay. However, now something else has happened. I emailed them saying that I was not giving them any copies of my payslips and that I didn't understand why they were asking me to set up a payment plan when I had already set one up and they get £65 by standing order. However they replied and said that this arrangement was for 3 months only and that they sent me an email to set this out and that I replied that I agreed to this. They enclosed a copy of these emails which were cut and paste jobs. My email was originally dated 14 Oct and I was saying thank you for them accepting my payment plan. However they changed the date to 16 October and sent their reply to my email only theirs was dated 14 October before I had even written my so called email on the 16 October! Their email - which I have never seen before went on and on and said they were bending over backwards to help me and putting their job on the line to help me and it would be better for me to give them a several thousand pound settlement. The email went on to say that I was to pay £65 for three months Oct, Nov, and Dec. Well I have never seen this email before it had no proper date on just 16 Oct no time or anything. And the one I sent was made up it was my wording but in reply to another of their emails - my one was written on 16 Oct but with no proper date or time (it was really written by me on 14 Oct). Is this fraud - I don't know what to think - but I am going to reply saying that both emails are fakes. I am going to scan them the proper emails into a pdf. They have really got a cheek and what's more their fake email to me which I have never received before today was illiterate.

Don't worry about DLC - they are numpties and have all the power of a fruit fly. IF you are sure the agreement is enforceable (Have you posted it on here to have it checked) then pay them £5 a month and tell them that is all they are getting. You are in charge of this, not them.

Don't get baited by their bull. They're not worth the effort. Save the bits of paper by all means. But as Pinky said - fiver a month and bog off.

This should have given you a clue how low this lot will stoop.

When I sent them my 'clear off' letter I also made it clear that I would no longer be using their wonderful online service. I've never logged in since!!!

In writing means in writing. Don't negotiate this right away - in time it will become one of your greatest weapons.

M

Edited by MandM
typo

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Pinky69 - thanks for this but I can't believe that they go around faking emails surely they shouldn't be allowed to behave like this. I think the agreement probably isn't okay but I owe so much to so many creditors that bar one or two and now DLC again I have had a harmonious life these last few months paying them regular sums and for the main part not being charged interest or charges I'm too ashamed to say how much I owe but let's just say I will be dead before it's all paid off. So because of all this I don't at this stage want to go down the enforeceable agreement route.

Christmas 2008 I was in such a dreadful state with my debts. Every day I had to go to at least five cash points to try and draw out money from credit cards to pay other cards with and this has been going on for years. In May 2009 I faced up to my debt and admitted it to myself and wrote to all my creditors. Now I have just enough money to get through each month but Christmas 2009 I slept easily in my bed. At the moment, I am okay, I am fortunate enough to be in employment and so can afford to pay my utility bills but not my credit cards and I have loads of them. My creditors don't seem to like the fact that I can pay my utility bills and my mortgage and not them though! I know that my situation could change any minute but for the time being I don't want to upset the applecart too much. I have got a lot of help from this website, I now know I'm not alone and it is good to chat to people in the same situation as yourself. I do think that DLC shouldn't be allowed to fake emails though.

There is all this talk about agreements not being enforceable but I haven't read anywhere that anyone has been successful going down this route and had their debt written off because of it - or am I wrong.

I was trying to get £800 bank charges back from First Direct and now it looks as if it never will! Thanks everyone for your help -when I have received another reply from DLC I will let you know. If I have the wrong idea about the unenforceable agreement and the fact no one has seemed to get very far with this, then please let me know.

I have had £48000 of debt written off by banks and DCAs because they had no enforceable agreements and it is worth pointing out to you that DLC paid less than £600 for your debt, less than 10p in the £1, the rest is profit to them. I wouldn't give these scavengers a penny if the agreement wasn't enforceable.

Should worry too much about dlc by what I've read on the forum.

I'm currently dealing with them on my OH's behalf, Egg passed the account to

dlc even though Egg are in default of our cca request by 7 months, dlc have been phoning (before letter contact) then a letter saying they want to help & then another saying their disappointed OH wont talk to them, so sent THEM a cca request & it was returned saying it has to be made direct to Egg as they arent allowed to pass it to their client, £1 PO was also returned with instructions to make it payable to Egg & write the account number on the reverse (yeah right - in doing so would acknowledge the debt).

If its an old card its probably got the infamous 'Approved' limit instead of 'Credit' limit.

Next contact from them & the reply will be 'Feck Off' as Father Jack says :)

Thanks to everyone you have all been so helpful - Pinky well done on getting dosh back. Although Egg passed the account to DLC and DLC keep telling me that they owe the debt I can still access the details online on the Egg website, which is the only way I can check my debt is going down which I think is strange. I think I do have the old card with "Approved" but as I've said before I have so many credit cards - I am ashamed to say how many - I already deal with another debt collector as well! So I'm trying to lead a quiet life - I really haven't got the mental strength to do battle at the moment. I find it really saps my energy having to deal with debt collectors and credit card companies. Anyhow, you'll be pleased to know, that for now I appear to have sorted DLC out, I am continuing paying the regular amount and I have gathered the names of all the twits I have been dealing with there and I have said that for now, I'm not reporting them to various places, but if they play up again I will do. They have "thanked" me for this and have apologised for their behaviour. But I am ready to have another go if needed - because I suspect my peace won't last long. But they are the pits - I really don't know where they get the people they employ - they lack sense, empathy, compassion and intelligence. But they are all seem the same - awful! You would have thought that with the state of the country at the moment they could get some top people to work for them - I suppose they don't pay much though.