BBC still saying PPC fines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new independent appeals panel to stop motorists from being unfairly fined by unscrupulous private car parking companies is to be established.

The BBC are still saying that PPC's can fine people.

I know that I e-mailed them after the last PPC miss quote info they gave out seems they do not want to know.

BBC News - Parking fine appeal panel planned

dpick

I shouldn't worry too much about the terminology in the BBC reporting.

The real issue is that if there is to be an appeals panel established it suggests that there is going to be some method of legitimising private parking enforcement. How that is going to work is the real issue and I cannot help but wonder if it will have to be an owner liability route alond the lines of council enforcement.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

If they come back and say it is not an unfair ticket (because your car was way over the line or in a blue badge bay etc) they will still have to prove the legitimacy of the contract, who the driver was and show it is not a penalty but damages. That last one is practically impossible.

If it's a free carpark ie Mcdoohdahs, no loss to show.

a close read of the BBC article

a driver who received a parking ticket was Tracey Tremlett, who was targeted after visiting a drive-in restaurant twice in 41 days.

She told BBC Breakfast: "They said I had actually overstayed my period by 60,235 minutes, I couldn't believe it. They threatened me with a county court judgement.

she parked for 41.829 days wtf